Our hearts go out to all of the people whose lives have been affected by the COVID-19 health crisis. As we monitor this rapidly-changing situation, we want to address some of the questions you may have, particularly around the safety of shipping and receiving packages and steps we are taking to protect the community.
Your Health & Safety is Our Top Priority
- Safety of Packages: A big question on everyone’s mind is whether it’s safe to send and receive packages. Yes, you can continue to ship and receive packages, according to today’s guidance from the World Health Organization, the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, the U.S. Surgeon General, and the Public Health Agency of Canada. We will continue to monitor this situation and keep you updated.
- Price Gouging: We’re working diligently to ensure that unsupported items such as N95 masks (whereas non-medical fabric masks are allowed) and hand sanitizer/gel are not sold on the platform. If these items are found on Poshmark, they will be removed by our team and, if necessary, the accounts will be terminated. If you see items like this on the platform, please contact email@example.com and we will take immediate action.
We’re Offering Extended Shipping and Other Resources to Help Ease the Burden
- Extended Shipping Windows: Given anticipated delays related to social distancing and “shelter in place” orders in some places, we are working on extending the standard shipping window from 7 days to 10 days in an effort to give sellers more time to ship their packages.
- To Sellers: If you expect more delays or need more time, please let your buyers know so they can plan accordingly.
- To Buyers: We appreciate your patience as we all work together and do our best to help keep the economy—and each other—going.
(Note: shipping window will revert back to 7 days as of July, 29, 2020)
- Free Home Pickup with the United States Postal Service: In lieu of going to the post office, you can schedule a free home pickup with USPS. You can also order packaging supplies online, directly from USPS. USPS is an essential service and will remain open and operational in states or municipalities with “shelter in place” or other social distancing restrictions in place. You can read the USPS Service Alerts for more details.
- Canada Post Shipping Update For Canada Poshers: Canada Post continues to operate during this unprecedented situation. If you’re unable to make it to the post office, you can drop off your packages in your closest Canada Post street mailbox. You can also order packaging supplies online, directly from Canada Post.
Following the direction of the Public Health Agency of Canada, Canada Post has introduced new safety measures to their operations and processes in order to serve consumers and businesses across the country. This includes:
- Reduced hours of service: Many post offices operated by Canada Post are opening 1 hour later and closing 1 hour earlier to clean, restock, and provide some relief to employees. For the 1st hour of each day, priority service will be offered to those who are at a higher risk (the elderly or people with compromised immune systems).
- Social and physical distancing: When in a retail post office, please practice social distancing and follow the other measures that have been implemented by Canada Post to ensure your safety and the safety of those around you.
- Parcel pick-up at post office: Canada Post has suspended their normal 15-day hold period across their locations to ensure that customers who are feeling ill or self-isolating can delay their visit to the post office until it is safe for them to do so.
You can read more details on the Canada Post dedicated page for COVID-19 updates.
- Additional Tools and Resources: We’re creating a centralized hub of educational resources on our blog to help address some of the top questions you have for us. Please check back often and if you’re interested in attending a virtual Posh N Coffee, our newest type of Posh N Sip that is slightly more business-focused, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’ll continue to keep you updated as we have new developments. In the meantime, we’re here to support you and send our Posh Love.
P.S. We’ve created a dedicated page here on the blog with FAQs and more to keep you informed as things are quickly evolving.