One of the most common questions we get at PMHQ is how to become a Posh Party host. The coveted spot not only allows for major closet visibility, but is also a fun way to shop and share with the Poshmark community. If you have ever been curious about how hosts are selected and what you can do to qualify, we’re here to dish on the details.
Your account should:
- Be a Posh Ambassador. At this time we ask that all co-hosts be a Posh Ambassador. To become a Posh Ambassador, you must meet a criteria based off a number of things, including engagement, rating, sales, and a history of spreading Posh Love. You may enroll in the Posh Ambassador program through the Poshmark app, under your Posh Stats page after you have completed all the criteria.
- Be in good standing. As hosting is a highly-visible position, we’re looking for Poshers who know our rules and follow them. A few helpful hints? Do not have unsupported items or coordinate offline transactions.
- Be Active. Meet and follow Poshers. List items for sale. Browse, like and share your favorite listings. Getting connected and keeping in touch with the Community will make you a well-rounded Posher!
- Have shared 100 lifetime new Posher’s listings
- Have 7500+ lifetime Shares
- Shared >500 community listings in the past 30 days
- Have personality! Nothing makes us grin wider than clean, clear, creative Covershots (say that 10 times fast!). Wear your garment and take a selfie (or grab a friend to snap a pic for you!) or even create a layout of pretty items on an attractive, clean surface. And don’t forget the key to all amazing photos: good lighting! Bright, uncluttered images presents your listings in the best way and ensures they will capture the attention of potential buyers. Need inspiration? See our blog post on amazing Covershots for ideas.
Does the above criteria sound like you? Then be sure to contact the proper channel:
- Fill out the application to let us know that you’re interested in participating in the Host Program–we’d love to hear from you!
- Once we’ve received your request, we will add you to our list of interested candidates and reach out as soon as we’ve had a chance to take a look at your closet.
- Please do wait patiently. We have a long list of eager candidates and are working hard daily to ensure every eligible Posher is given the opportunity to host.
Have you already hosted before but are ready to do so again? Great! We are always happy to have a Posher host again. We generally ask that you wait at least one month before reaching out to host again to allow time for other Poshers to get in on the fun. Once that time has passed, simply fill out the application again and we’ll get you on our repeat host list. Please note that we do have a limited number of spots available for repeat hosts so it may take some time before we are able to get you a party date.