With our latest release of the app, we introduced two new tools to empower sellers on Poshmark take even more control of their closets, merchandise, and interactions with potential buyers: “My Closet Stats” and “Not for Sale” listing status.
1. “My Closet Stats”: My Closet stats gives you important information about your closet, your sales history, and the experience you are delivering to your buyers. This page and the information included on it is private (for your eyes only!) and meant to help you continue to succeed. To get to your closet stats, click on your profile tab at the bottom right of the app > click on “My Closet Stats.”
We’d love to hear your feedback on this tool, Posh sellers! Please click through to this PM Editor listing and let us know what other information about your closet you’d find helpful for selling more on Poshmark.
Examples of the type of information you’ll find in “My Closet Stats”:
- Available listings: The total number of unsold listings available for sale in your closet. Closets with a great number of “Available Listings” are more likely to sell an item to a buyer (we recommend having at least 10 available listings in your closet).
- Self-Shares: The total number of times you have shared a listing from your closet in the last 30 days. Sharing your listings to your followers and to parties will increase the number of potential buyers viewing the listing and your closet.
- Listings Sold: The total number of listings you have sold in your closet. (Special kudos if you’re one of the top 10% sellers on Poshmark – keep it up!).
- Total Earned: The total amount of money you have made through your sold listings on Poshmark, less Poshmark fees.
- Days to Ship: The average time you have thus far taken to ship your orders to buyers. We calculate the time between when the order was placed and when your package was accepted by the US Postal Service. The faster you ship an order to a buyer, the faster she can start enjoying her purchase! If you delay shipping an order to a buyer, you may harm her purchase experience and reduce the chance she shops your closet again.
2. “Not for Sale” Listings: You now have a clear way to tell buyers which listings are no longer available in your closet. This includes items sold in bundles, reserved listings, notes, or purchases that you just want to share with other Poshers (#PoshFinds!). Listings that are marked “Not for Sale” don’t have a blue “Buy Now” button, but others will still be able to see, like, share, and comment on them.
To mark a listing as “Not for Sale”: click the “Edit” icon on the listing details page > select “Mark as Not for Sale.”
To make one of these listings available for purchase: click the “Edit” icon on the listing details page > select “Mark as Available.”
Note: Poshmark’s minimum listing price is $3. Listings with a $0, $1, or $2 listing price are automatically set to “Not for Sale” listing status and won’t have a “Buy Now” button. For more info, please check out our FAQs here.
Your shopping experience on Poshmark just got even easier! With our latest version of the iOS app, finding exactly what you’re looking for is a cinch – and yes, that also means it helps potential buyers find your listings faster, too!
Introducing One-Stop Shopping: Your “My Likes,” Search, Posh Parties and all of the hottest Showrooms are now in one convenient location on the bottom navigation bar on the app. Shop to your heart’s content with the new “Shop” tab!
Universal Filtering: Narrowing down your search is a breeze with the new Universal Filter Bar. Ever wanted to only see the available listings in someone’s closet? Or shop just your favorite brand during a Posh Party? Now you can! The Universal Filter Bar can also be found in search results and showrooms.
“Not for Sale” Listings: Sellers now have a clear way to tell buyers which listings are no longer available for sale. This includes items sold in bundles, reserved listings, notes, or purchases they just want to share with other Poshers. Hooray!
- Sellers: To mark listings as “Not for Sale,” simply open up your listing > click the top right “Edit” button > under “Availability” select “Not for Sale.”
So what are you waiting for? Get to the App Store and make sure you download the latest version of Poshmark today! And don’t worry Android users, we didn’t forget about you. These cool shopping features will be available in the Google Play Store soon!
We’ve shared a lot of advice on how to take Covershots in the past, but what about the other three photo shots? Once your Covershot has caught a potential buyer’s eye, you can seal the deal with other amazing shots. Read on for our tips on taking a great product shot:
Your photos will come out clearer if you brace your arm or camera on something stationary. This is especially important in low light situations.
Be Mindful of Your Surroundings
Make sure your foreground and background are clear of anything that may take away from your product shot.
Take Multiple Shots
Multiple shots means more chances at a perfect product shot. Use your device’s camera app to click away as many times as you need to get the shot.
Use Flash Sparingly
Your photos will turn out much better and look more like they do in real life if you keep the flash off and use natural light. If natural light isn’t available, try a brightly lit room rather than overexposing one area of the item you are photographing.
Tap the Screen to Focus
Avoid blurry images by tapping on the item you’re photographing to make the focus crystal clear. This tip is especially important when taking close up shots of your image.
Don’t Over Edit
Sometimes less is more when it comes to after effects. Make sure your additions and changes don’t take away from your amazing photography skills!
Try Something New
Experiment with the types of product shots you take. Get inspiration from fellow Poshers, try arranging items differently and give new angles a try.
Sell and shop from wherever, whenever. Download our free mobile apps for iPhone, iPad, and Android!
Poshmark got a chic new makeover – so fresh, so clean, so fab! We’ve been anticipating the launch of Apple’s newest operating system, iOS7, and working hard behind the scenes to bring you to a spankin’ new look to Poshmark’s iPhone and iPad apps that take advantage of all of the goodies that iOS7 brings. This includes an update to the appearances of our buttons, icons, navigation bars, and so much more!
To update to Apple’s new operating system:
- Be sure to first back up the data on your device to the Cloud (see more info on how to do this here).
- Open up the “Settings” app on your iPhone/iPad.
- Tap on “General.”
- Tap on “Software Update.”
- Tap on the “Download and Install” button.
Once you update to iOS7, your iPhone and iPad will automatically update the Poshmark app to our latest version – and one of the greatest things about iOS7 is that all future updates to any apps you have installed will automatically update for you!
So, go on! Update to iOS7 and celebrate our fancy new look with us!
PS: If you don’t upgrade to iOS7 right away, you will still be able to update the app. However, if you’re on iOS6 or below, you will just see minor bug fixes and performance improvements.