One of the biggest questions we get is: How can I make more sales on Poshmark? We dug into some seller data and created the following guide to share key insights for seller success.
- Timing matters. Stock up for seasons ahead of time to capitalize on peak sales.
- Shoppers look for seasonal items before that season starts—don’t miss a key opportunity to have what they’re looking for, when they’re looking for it.
- #POSHTIP: Turn on Trends push notifications in the Account tab to get the scoop on new trends every morning—this can help you forecast for next season’s must-have items.
- Stock up on a variety of trending brands. Capture shopper interest by adding trending brands to your closet. Here are some signs you should keep an eye out for to know when a brand is trending:
- Brands that gain momentum slowly and surely over time are usually safe bets to source for your closet.
- When brands have collabs or a major cultural moment, their sales peak and slow fast—catch them right before the spike!
- Social media trends translate into Poshmark sales—stay ahead of the game by keeping your eye out for the next big thing.
- List fresh inventory. New listings that shoppers have not yet seen are 2X more likely to sell in a given period over copied and relisted listings. They also show up when shoppers filter their search by ‘Just In,’ and may be featured in Poshmark marketing emails or posts!
- Rotate your closet with Reposh. Reposhed listings sell 30% faster than fresh listings!
- #POSHTIP: Review your past purchases and use the Reposh feature to cycle through items with proven shopper interest.
- Give copied or relisted listings a refresh. Increase your copied or relisted listing’s visibility with new shoppers by optimizing your listings. The more detail you provide, the more information a shopper has to make their purchasing decision. Here are some #POSHTIPS to help your listings stand out:
- Add photos with a white or simple background so shoppers can accurately visualize your item. Check out our Photography Guide for inspo!
- Add relevant, descriptive keywords like style terms, trends, patterns, and materials that shoppers may be searching for.
- Add up to 3 applicable Style Tags so it has a chance to show up in Poshmark marketing and social media.
- Check out Today’s Trends on the Shop tab to see what shoppers are searching for, and add those keywords and Style Tags to your relevant listings!
- List consistently. In a given week, 94% of Poshmark sales go to sellers who have listed that week!
- Embrace your offers. Shoppers love deals.
- 67% of all sales on Poshmark happen through offers. Send Offer To Likers to engage shoppers with a can’t-miss discount.
- 50% of daily Poshmark sales are from listings that a shopper sees for the first time that day. Act swiftly and send offers when shoppers are most interested!
- 30% of all lowball offers (50% less below listing price) result in a sale when countered. Respond to all buyer offers.
- Price competitively. Do competitive pricing research and price within the ranges that shoppers can filter by when they search.
- Share your listings at least 3x a day. Shopper searches default to ‘Just Shared,’ so sharing your listings consistently bumps them in your follower’s feeds.
- #POSHTIP: Use Bulk Share to Followers to share your listings, all at once.
Want even more? Watch a recording of Metrics that Move the Needle: Insights for Seller Success and read more about growth strategies in the Community Toolkit.
*Based on seller data reported from the first 6 months of 2022.