Don’t be sad that the weekend is over because there is still fun to be had this week. Our latest Posh Party line-up is packed with amazing finds from fashion influencers Kathleen, Talia, Ashley and Katie, and of course from our lovely community hosts.
With our latest release of the app, we introduced two new tools to empower sellers on Poshmark take even more control of their closets, merchandise, and interactions with potential buyers: “My Closet Stats” and “Not for Sale” listing status.
1. “My Closet Stats”: My Closet stats gives you important information about your closet, your sales history, and the experience you are delivering to your buyers. This page and the information included on it is private (for your eyes only!) and meant to help you continue to succeed. To get to your closet stats, click on your profile tab at the bottom right of the app > click on “My Closet Stats.”
We’d love to hear your feedback on this tool, Posh sellers! Please click through to this PM Editor listing and let us know what other information about your closet you’d find helpful for selling more on Poshmark.
Examples of the type of information you’ll find in “My Closet Stats”:
- Available listings: The total number of unsold listings available for sale in your closet. Closets with a great number of “Available Listings” are more likely to sell an item to a buyer (we recommend having at least 10 available listings in your closet).
- Self-Shares: The total number of times you have shared a listing from your closet in the last 30 days. Sharing your listings to your followers and to parties will increase the number of potential buyers viewing the listing and your closet.
- Listings Sold: The total number of listings you have sold in your closet. (Special kudos if you’re one of the top 10% sellers on Poshmark – keep it up!).
- Total Earned: The total amount of money you have made through your sold listings on Poshmark, less Poshmark fees.
- Days to Ship: The average time you have thus far taken to ship your orders to buyers. We calculate the time between when the order was placed and when your package was accepted by the US Postal Service. The faster you ship an order to a buyer, the faster she can start enjoying her purchase! If you delay shipping an order to a buyer, you may harm her purchase experience and reduce the chance she shops your closet again.
2. “Not for Sale” Listings: You now have a clear way to tell buyers which listings are no longer available in your closet. This includes items sold in bundles, reserved listings, notes, or purchases that you just want to share with other Poshers (#PoshFinds!). Listings that are marked “Not for Sale” don’t have a blue “Buy Now” button, but others will still be able to see, like, share, and comment on them.
To mark a listing as “Not for Sale”: click the “Edit” icon on the listing details page > select “Mark as Not for Sale.”
To make one of these listings available for purchase: click the “Edit” icon on the listing details page > select “Mark as Available.”
Note: Poshmark’s minimum listing price is $3. Listings with a $0, $1, or $2 listing price are automatically set to “Not for Sale” listing status and won’t have a “Buy Now” button. For more info, please check out our FAQs here.
How will shipping change for sellers on Poshmark? We teamed up with the USPS to create an exclusive label just for Poshmark sellers. The new PoshPost label covers shipping of any type of fashion – a handbag, jewelry, boots or even an entire outfit – up to 5 pounds (up from the current 2 pound limit). This new label will apply to all orders purchased after 12:00 a.m. PT on March 20.
Over 99.5% of orders shipped by Poshmark sellers are 5 pounds or less, so sellers will almost never have to worry about upgrading your shipping label. In the rare event a seller needs to ship a very heavy order that’s 6 pounds or more, the label upgrade fee will be as shown in the table below.
What is the new shipping rate for buyers? Starting 12:00 a.m. PT on March 20, 2014, the shipping rate for buyers will be $4.99 for any order on Poshmark, regardless of price. All orders will continue to be shipped with fast USPS 2-3 day Priority Mail.
Why are you making these shipping changes? Late last year, we conducted a large research study and ran several tests to determine how we could attract more buyers and help more women sell more items from their closets. The results overwhelmingly pointed to one change: lower-priced shipping. As a result, we have decided to permanently offer our buyers a low $4.99 shipping rate for any order on Poshmark – no matter what the listing price.
We are also continually working hard to make listing and selling items in a woman’s closet easier. Over the last several months, we worked closely with the USPS to create an exclusive label just for Poshmark sellers. The new PoshPost label covers shipping of any type of fashion – a handbag, jewelry, boots or even an entire outfit – up to 5 pounds (up from the current 2 pound limit). Over 99.5% of orders shipped by Poshmark sellers are 5 pounds or less, so sellers will almost never have to worry about upgrading their shipping label.
When will these shipping changes go into effect? The $4.99 buyer shipping rate and the new PoshPost label pre-paid for packages up to 5 pounds will be rolled out at 12:00 a.m. PT on March 20, 2014. These changes will apply to any order purchased after this time.
What is the new commission for selling on Poshmark? Starting 12:00 a.m. PT, March 20, 2014, the Poshmark commission for sales under $15 will be single flat rate of $2.95. You keep the rest.
For orders of $15 or more, the commission remains the same – Poshmark takes 20% as commission and you keep 80% of your sale.
Why are you changing the commission for selling on Poshmark? We are making this commission change so we can support lower-priced buyer shipping rates for all orders and provide a more robust label to simplify shipping for our sellers.
When will this new commission go into effect? The new commission will go into effect for all orders sold after 12:00 a.m. PT on March 20, 2014.
Will the new commission apply to old orders? No. The new commission will only apply for orders purchased after 12:00 a.m. PT on March 20, 2014.
What is the minimum Listing Price? Starting March 20, 2014, listings must have a listing price of $3 or higher to be available for purchase. Listings with a $0, $1 or $2 listing price will automatically be set to “Not For Sale” listing status and won’t have a “Buy Now” button.
Why can’t I sell $0, $1 or $2 listings? Starting March 20, 2014, the Poshmark commission for sales under $15 will be $2.95. As a result, the listing price needs to be $3 or more for any listing to be available for sale.
What will happen to $0, $1 and $2 listings in my closet? On March 20, 2014, unsold listings in your closet with a $0, $1 or $2 listing price will automatically be set to “Not For Sale” listing status and will no longer have a “Buy Now” button. Users will continue to be able to see, like, share and comment on these listings, but won’t be able to purchase them. To make one of these listings available for purchase, click the “Edit” icon on the listing details page. Select “Edit Listing Details” and change the price to $3 or more. Go back to the “Edit” icon and select “Mark as Available.”
To make this transition as easy as possible, we’ve created a special page in your Poshmark app with links to all $0, $1 or $2 listings in your closet. Go to the Poshmark Support Center, then click on “Manage My $0 – $2 Listings.”
Note: you will need to upgrade your app to the latest version to access this page.
Not only is Poshmark a community of fashion friends who love buying and selling their closets – we also hope that we’re making an impact in Silicon Valley as an e-commerce app!
Voting for Poshmark at the 7th Annual Crunchies Awards is an opportunity for you to show the tech world why you Posh all day everyday.
You ❤ Poshmark! How do you vote? It’s super easy! Just follow these steps:
1. Click here to go to the 2013 Crunchies Nomination page.
2a. Type in and nominate “Poshmark” for the following categories:
- Best Collaborative Consumption Company
- Best E-Commerce Application
- Best Mobile Application
- Best Overall Startup 2013
Type in and nominate “Manish Chandra” for the following categories:
- Founder of the Year
- CEO of the Year
3. Share your nominations on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn and encourage your friends and other fellow Poshers to vote!
4. Since you can vote for Poshmark once per day until Sunday, December 15th at 11:59PM PST, please continue nominating us and spread the POSHLOVE!
Thank you for all your love and support, Poshers!
The wait is now officially over. We’re so excited to announce the launch of our Poshmark for Android app in the Google Play Store! That’s right – sell and shop from wherever, whenever no matter your smartphone!
Already on Poshmark? Then invite your friends and family to be part of the Poshmark experience — we know they’ll love it just as much as you do! Plus, the more women that we get to join us on Poshmark, the more closets we get to shop and the more we get to sell!
Here are a couple of ways to help spread the Posh word:
Refer your contacts! If they use your referral code, you’ll both earn a $5 Posh Credit! (Offer valid for up to 10 invites)
- Open up the app
- Click on the lower right tab
- Click on “Invite Friends, Earn Cash!”
- Select the methods you’d like to use to spread the word about Poshmark to your friends and family, such as SMS, Email, or on your favorite social media sites.
Join us in spreading the word on Twitter! Don’t forget to use our official Poshmark for Android hashtag so we can show you some love right back to you: #PoshDroid. Here are some example Tweets that you can feel free to use:
- Hey, Android Fashionistas! Did you hear the news? @Poshmarkapp is now available for Android! poshmark.com/getapp #PoshDroid
- The wait is over: @Poshmarkapp is now available for Android! Start selling and buying now! poshmark.com/getapp #PoshDroid
- Have you heard the @Poshmarkapp for Android news? Download the app, no matter what smartphone you have! poshmark.com/getapp #PoshDroid
- Attention, Android Lovers! @Poshmarkapp is available in the Google App Store! Download the free app now: poshmark.com/getapp #PoshDroid
- Android fashionistas can now open up their closets (and shop!) on @Poshmarkapp! Download the free app now: poshmark.com/getapp #PoshDroid
From all of us at PMHQ, we thank you for your dedication, passion, and the amount of love you show us and your fellow Poshers each and every day. We are more than ready to embark on this next chapter with you!