Social media is a powerful marketing tool at your fingertips and is a great way to amplify your Poshmark listings to reach more people and drive even more sales. Wondering how and where to start? We’re breaking down social media channel by channel to help you hone in on which channel is right for you and your social media marketing efforts. Let’s get to it.
What channel is right for you?
With Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, TikTok and more in the game, it might seem daunting to figure out where to start. To help shape your focus, here’s a quick breakdown of each channel:
- Instagram is a platform built on visuals and storytelling. It’s one of the easiest places to build your brand and grow your following outside of Poshmark.
- Tell your story through behind-the-scenes action via Instagram Stories.
- Use IGTV to share short-form video content you want to live on.
- YouTube is your go-to if you’re comfortable being on camera and you have the desire to create valuable content (think: how-to style videos). The Poshmark community is filled with creators so if you’re stuck on what you’d even talk about, head over to YouTube and search “Poshmark” to get some inspiration!
- Facebook is a massive social platform with a broad audience that prioritizes video content and allows you to share your listings to the masses. There’s also the opportunity to join private groups and communities dedicated to Poshmark knowledge sharing.
- Twitter is great for casual conversations, easily sharing your listings, and targeting a broader audience. Are you great at writing and love to engage with others? Twitter is the right platform for you!
- Pinterest is particularly useful when it comes to finding visual inspiration but also doubles as a SEO powerhouse. What does that mean? When you share your Poshmark listings directly to Pinterest, your photos and keywords will be picked up by Pinterest search and other search engines giving your listings more exposure. Did you know over 20% more sales are made when you connect your Poshmark account to Pinterest? Keep reading to learn how!
- TikTok is an emerging channel that is gaining worldwide traction and is the source for many of the trends and memes found on the internet today. TikTok’s biggest draw? It can help you tap into a new audience: Gen Z.
It may be overwhelming thinking you have to start an account on every channel but that’s for you to decide. Maybe you don’t see the need for YouTube or Twitter but want to build your following on Instagram. That’s okay! There’s no rulebook when it comes to this so do what’s best for you.
How does social media drive traffic to your Poshmark closet?
Connecting your social media accounts to Poshmark is a great way to drive traffic to your closet from different sites. These social media sites have highly engaged users who use the site frequently. Facebook alone has 1.62 million daily active users and 2.45 billion monthly active users. By linking your social media accounts, you can easily share your listings to all your platforms with a tap.
Connect your social media channels on Poshmark to share your listings directly to Pinterest, Twitter, and Facebook through the app. Tap the Account tab, then scroll down to Sharing Settings to connect and let the sharing begin.
Helpful Tips to Keep in Mind
So you got your accounts set up, great! Now what? Once you’ve connected your accounts to your account (as mentioned above), go one step further and link your closet wherever possible on your social media accounts.
Link in Bio
For the majority of these platforms, they’ll allow you to link to a specific page while setting up your profile. Use this to your advantage and copy your Poshmark closet’s link to use anywhere and everywhere.
Do you have multiple links you want to share? Consider signing up for Linktree or Milkshake which will allow you to build a landing page for all your links to live on. This is useful for when you want to direct someone to your Poshmark page and your latest YouTube video at the same time.
Hashtags are the perfect tool to help you boost your discoverability. When posting an image, tweet, video, etc. keep relevant hashtags in mind. To put it in perspective, hashtags are a bit like an organizational tool. People will search certain hashtags to find posts that are similar to their interests which may allow them to run across your post. Later has a great resource all about hashtags.
Be sure to use our official brand hashtags and to tag @poshmark for a chance to be featured on our feed:
- #MeetthePosher—Use this to introduce yourself and your journey to the Poshmark community.
- #PoshPackages—Made a sale? Snap a picture of you with your Posh Packages!
- #FromWhereIPosh—From your photo setup to shipping areas, show us where you Posh!
- #PoshmarkCanada—For all things Poshmark Canada!
- #PoshMan—Poshmark’s official men’s hashtag.
- #ThePoshLife—Capture your day-to-day Poshmark lifestyle.
Whether you’re starting up on Instagram, Twitter, or all of the above, you can always connect with us! You can find Poshmark on the following social media channels, see you there!