By now, you’ve likely heard about and even used our exciting new feature, Make An Offer. More than ever, Poshmark can help that Louis Vuitton Speedy move from your “Likes” list to your wardrobe – and for the perfect price!
How can you use this feature to get the best deals and become a pro negotiator? We’ve got you covered!
- Make An Offer allows you to privately negotiate the price of an item by contacting the seller directly.
- All offers are binding! As soon as you make an offer, a page will pop up for you to provide (or confirm) payment information. As soon as the seller accepts this offer, the deal is done and you are on your way of getting the item you desire.
- The seller has 24 hours to accept, deny, or counteroffer. After 24 hours, your offer will expire.
- You can offer on any item that is available for sale on Poshmark. So, come on, what’s stopping you?!
- Keep in mind, the more realistic your offer, the more likely it is that the seller will choose you as their buyer.
- Make sure to “Like” what you like! That way, if the seller happens to drop the price before you make an offer, you’ll be notified.
- Double check that you are making the offer you want to make. If the seller accepts it, the offer is binding and your payment will be processed.
- Don’t forget about the offer! If the seller writes back with a counteroffer, you won’t want to miss out. Make sure to have your notifications on and keep an eye on your phone, tablet, or computer to quickly press that accept or counter offer button!
How will I know when the seller accepts/denies/counteroffers? We will send you a notification as soon as the seller responds to your offer, no matter what the response is. You will have another 24 hours to respond to a counteroffer as well.
What happens when the 24 hours is up? If the seller has not responded within 24 hours, the offer is automatically declined.
Can I counteroffer a counteroffer? You sure can! If the seller offers you a counteroffer, you are free to continue the private negotiations until one of you accepts or declines an offer.
I didn’t mean to purchase this! Can I cancel? Nope, all offers are binding. This means that an order is created as soon as the seller accepts. Additionally, if you accept a counteroffer, an order will immediately be created and it cannot be cancelled.
Can I think about it after I offer? You can cancel an offer that hasn’t been accepted. Yet, since all offers are binding, if an offer is accepted, you cannot cancel it as an accidental purchase.
Can I still make an offer in the comments? Yes, but keep in mind that negotiations through comments are public and sellers may direct you to the Make An Offer feature instead.
I made an offer but I can’t find the listing anymore. All active offers are visible under the Offers tab in your newsfeed. You can view not only the offers you’ve made to sellers but you can also view all offers that have been made to you.