Just because it’s winter doesn’t mean that we’re shying away from bold and beautiful colors! Neutrals are classic for the cold weather, but we can’t help but layer on popping prints and neon brights in preparation for spring. What can we say? Girls just want to have fun… all year long! Check out our favorite trending style Pinspirations and shop them on Poshmark.
If you’re absolutely inspired by these seasonal trends, check out our Pinterest for the latest in fashion, beauty and DIY!
Whatever the weather (Polar Vortex or not), these fashion and beauty bloggers – Jen of House of Jeffers and Suma of The Fashion Beauty Junkie – know how to make their personal style shine through. For this week’s Trending, find out what accessories these winter-nistas must have and how they prevent their personal style from hibernating this season.
How do you stay true to your personal style while dressing for the winter?
The cold can definitely put a damper on my style sometimes. I love to wear dresses and skirts, but when it’s 4 degrees outside, I have to make practical style decisions. No matter what time of year it is, I always like to maintain a mixture of super feminine pieces with a little rock n’ roll edge. I love the mixture of hard and soft when it comes to pairing prints and pieces, and I opt to wear a lot of wedges, printed/colored denim, and of course, sweaters. Color is key in the winter – the weather can be awfully dreary at times.
What winter accessory can’t you live without and why?
I need to have leather – a coat, pants, shoes. My favorite purchase this year has been this leather and wool jacket I bought at Forever 21. It has a motorcycle element to it, but the wool makes it a true winter coat.
What’s the most important thing you look for when shopping for a coat?
When shopping for the perfect winter outerwear, I want a coat that not only keeps me warm, but to stand alone outside of what I’m wearing underneath. I know I’ve found the right one when I try it on and feel like I can wear it with a pair of jeans… and feel dressed up. I’m drawn to coats that have a formal wear aspect to them, especially the hardware (like double breasted coats).
Who is your cold weather style inspiration?
Without a doubt, Alexa Chung is my favorite fashion muse – any season. She has a way of conveying her personality with fashion that is just… inspiring. Besides, she’s British… Can you blame me for admiring a well-dressed Brit?
What is your take on wearing heels in the winter? Yay or nay – and also, why?
Heels during the winter are a total YAY! I think heels are perfect for any season to be truly honest. It can dress up any outfit and put a feminine touch to your look.
Does your personal style change from season to season? If so, how?
I stay pretty consistent with my personal style. I love the cold weather months more than the sunnier seasons because it allows me to layer, layer, layer!
What winter accessory can’t you live without?
I can’t live without my scarfs, hats and gloves. Being that I am from NYC, it gets pretty cold – sometimes people don’t get to see what I’m actually wearing so I dress up my coat with fun hats, scarfs and funky gloves!
What are your top three blizzard-proof beauty products you can’t live without?
It’s so hard to pick only three, but I can’t live without:
– L’oreal Voluminous Mascara (Even when I’m not wearing makeup, I always have mascara on)
– Boscia Daily Hydration Moisturizer (You should ALWAYS moisturize your skin, especially during the winter)
With our 2nd birthday party just days away, we at PMHQ are looking for the perfect outfit that is both fun AND festive! What says va-va-vivacious than black lace?
Just add a few holiday trends like a metallic gold shoe and darling bow tie accessories to get seasonably stylish. Cozy up with a cream peacoat, and you’re ready for a December birthday to remember.
If you’re looking for a birthday bash to wear this sensational outfit, be sure to RSVP to our #PoshmarkTurns2 birthday celebration happening nationwide on Friday, December 6th. For all our San Francisco bay area Poshers, Team Poshmark is throwing an extra special birthday bash at PMHQ, so don’t miss out!
1. Hello, world! If you haven’t heard all the buzz, we’ve welcomed a new addition to our Posh family: the Poshmark app for Android! To learn more, check out our blog post! #POSHDROID
2. Our Founder & CEO, Manish, spoke about the dawn of the future with mobile – and to spread Posh love, of course – at SF’s Open Mobile Summit this week. When fashion and tech collides, there’s twice as more fun!
3. Missed out on the fabulous finds of Isabel Marant for H&M on opening day? Find your perfect size and item on Poshmark without the stress of the in-store craziness! Just search for Isabel Marant for H&M on the app.
4. With our new Android app, we’re welcoming an entire family of new Posh users! Our handy Posh Guide can answer all your new user questions. Check it out here!
5. Fridays are for inspiration! Celebrate TGIF with Poshmark by taking on the adventure of this inspirational post. To get more inspired, check out our “Words of Wisdom” Pinterest board.
If you want to keep track of the trends, all you have to do is keep an eye on our Pinterest to know that it’s the season for sweater weather! From knitted and nice to a sassy pair of socks, we’re ready to layer our fall favorites.
Check out our top 3 sweater weather trends and shop them on Poshmark: