It’s finally the new year and the holidays have passed – cold weather doesn’t seem appropriate anymore! We’re well into the winter months and we can’t be the only ones who are like, “When will this cold finally pass?!” Especially since we’re obsessed with the looks by our Miami girls.
Let’s not fret! Warm up while still looking fabulous with these two ways to dress up faux fur as found on Pinterest. You can still cozy up and look absolutely glam with some faux fur fun.
Go Bold or Go Home
We love the bold statement this cheetah print adds to a winter look. Dress it up with vegan leather pants, yet keep it casual cool by throwing on a black beanie.
The leaves are falling, the temperatures are dropping and even our coffee cups are changing their looks for the season. It’s time to transition to winter weather and layer your wardrobe with help from Kate, blogger at Wear in LA.
With winter just right around the corner, I’m shuffling my closet from skin-revealing, late summer and light fall outfits to warmer winter apparel. Sometimes it’s hard to shut away all my pretty lightweight pieces, so I spend days just playing with them figuring out layered outfits that will work all winter long. Here are some cute ideas that can help you create layered outfits for the cold.
Dresses + Tall Boots
The key to looking absolutely adorable and warm at the same time is sporting dresses made of thicker material, such as tweed or wool knits. Protect your legs from the nippy weather by wearing complementing (or even a contrasting if you’re bold like that) tights. One of my favorite ways to rock a dress in wintertime is to pair it with classic tall boots!
Another warm weather piece that you can layer all year round are skirts. Again the trick is picking garments made of thick material. Working with thicker materials like leather or wool allows you to easily create a structured outfit that compliments any body type! As with dresses, you can keep your legs warm with tights – I personally love working with sweater knits or classic black tights!
While these may not seem like the most flattering of layers, I have to tell you they are certainly one of the most cozy! Between pairing button ups and cable knit sweaters, prints and patterns of all colors, a puffer vest one of the easiest layers you can add on top for extra warmth and style. Since you can easily slip it on and off over your other layers, it’s a no brainer for unexpected snowstorms and gusty winds!
What’s your favorite way to layer up for colder weather? Share you favorite layered outfit inspiration in the comments and be sure to tune in to tonight’s Cold Weather Essentials Posh Party where I show off my picks. See you there!
As you may have heard, our LIVE from Seattle “Winter Essentials” Posh Party is just two days away and we couldn’t be more excited! To prepare for the Emerald City’s brisk weather, we are taking a cue from our amazing co-hosts and checking out what they have been wearing this winter.
1. Fresh Jess: Layers! She nails the layered look perfectly. From the olive skinnies to the stripes and sneakers, this casual ensemble is not only insanely stylish, but comfortable for any day of the week.
2. Mollie in Seattle: Pop of Color! Who says you can’t wear color in the winter? Not us! Mollie is looking so chic and classic in this red coat, Burberry scarf and sunnies. She’s definitely standing out in the crowd in all the right ways.
3. Joanna Lord: Cozy Knits! If there is one thing getting us through the winter, it’s a hot cup of coffee cozy sweaters. Oversized and paired with skinnies, or layered with a blouse, it’s an effortless staple that is sure to keep you fashionable and warm all at the same time.
4. Alix Rose: Faux Fur! Sassy alert! Faux fur is the ultimate way to look like a boho babe. Throw on a furry vest for a casual weekend lunch over jeans and a tee like Alix, or go bold and beautiful with one over a LBD, tights and booties for a night out with your girlfriends!
5. The Chic Curve: Leather! It’s undeniable how much leatheris in. Baseball caps, tops, pants, and (as seen on Natasha) skirts. We love the feminine silhouette and edginess it gives all at the same time.
With all the style going on here, we can’t wait to see what these ladies will be wearing to the Posh Party on Thursday! If you are joining us, what will YOU be wearing?
We hope you have a fashionable and festive break, whether you are traveling to see family, gathering with friends, or just taking some time for yourself! And, as always, we’ll be sure to see you in the app!
Happy December, everyone! This week not only are we kicking off our usual Posh Parties with amazing themes and hosts, but we are super excited to have some of our favorite boutiques host our afternoon parties! Come list, shop and share your favorite listings that make the perfect gifts! See you there!