Polar Vortex got you down? Cheer up with Poshmark all week long and do all your shopping indoors without the frostbite or winter hat hair! Check out the curated looks from fashion influencers – Suma of The Fashion Beauty Junkie, Jen of House of Jeffers, Ashley of The Teacher Diva and Donna of dblankstyle – and our other fabulous community hosts.
1. As the fashion-obsessed, we can’t get enough of Instagram! Our Poshmark Instagram community shows us so much PoshLove and PoshStyle that it inspires us to share our own fashion finds, inspiration and more every day. We’re almost to 25k followers on IG – spread the love to your friends and other Poshers and follow us if you haven’t already!
2. Brrr! With the cold front of winter asking for layering expertise that can rival the Olsens, shop for your winter essentials with our new and nifty Showrooms feature! We’re particularly crushing on the Frye Boots showroom with all the leather-loving listings for you to enjoy. Check them out here!
3. Posh Party all day every day! This weekend we have our ever-trendy Fresh Fashion party on Saturday and the lace-loving Flirty & Feminine party on Sunday. With a weekend like that, why wait in lines and crowds at the mall? Shop now!
4. What’s more fabulous than glitter and football? This weekend we’ve got our local 49ers on our minds – as they face off the Panthers this Sunday for one step closer to the Super Bowl. The Niners have their own personal cheerleaders at PMHQ – we’ll be sure to wear our red and gold loud, proud and fabulously!
5. Target + flash mob + Beyoncé = so much fierceness! We’re sharing a little Friday dance-spiration with a few of our favorite things in one video:
It’s a new year and that means new beginnings! Try a trend that you’ve always wanted to experiment with or add a statement piece to your wardrobe for fun – your options are endless. We not only love Sarah’s closet for her variety; we have a major style crush on her! Be sure to check out all her #PoshStyle outfits on her Instagram for inspiration. We’ve had our eyes on her cozy pieces, jaw-dropping sequined frocks and edgy accessories. Check out her closet before it’s too late!
Fashion bloggers and tomorrow’s Posh Party hosts – Kathleen of Kat Walk SF and Caroline of Taste Bluebook – are cozying up to winter’s hottest trend: over-the-knee boots (OTK boots)! Read up on how these stylemakers take this glamorous look and wear it for daytime – along with other tips to stay fashionable through the winter. If you can’t get enough of their style, be sure to join them for their City Chic Posh Party tomorrow night!
1. What are your top wardrobe staples for San Francisco living?
The weather in San Francisco is unpredictable to say the least. My wardrobe choices must include a chance of a 30 degree temperature variance. The key to dressing for unpredictable weather is layering. From your foundation pieces to your outerwear, SF style is all about layering it on.
For me, this means a cami and knee-high socks to start. These pieces are crucial to staying warm and comfortable. From there, I add on a skinny jean, a chunky knit or silky woven, flat boots, a neutral scarf and a tailored coat. The key to true San Francisco style is to dress for any occasion and weather – and also, be prepared to add to it or take it all off at anytime!
2. How do you style OTK boots for a casual daytime look?
OTK boots can definitely be a challenge to style, especially for a daytime look. For this trend, it is always best to stay on the safe side, which means tucking a skinny jean into an OTK boot or wearing a knee length skirt to offset the height of the OTK boot shaft. Keep your daytime OTK look conservative and you will be good to go!
3, If you could shop one person’s closet, who would it be and why?
I die for Sophia’s closet (@sophiaac)! From the classic Burberry trench to the white mini Pashli, she has got everything in stock that the “city chic” lady simply must have. Her style is timeless and classic with a side of sass (my specialty).
1. How do you cozy up to the OTK boots trend while staying warm?
In the winter, I’m all about layering. It’s just too cold outside and too warm inside to dress only for one temperature – no matter how short your commute in a cold car might be! I never knew I was missing out on over-the-knee boots until I finally got them. Their versatility makes them the ultimate layering piece. My default is skinny jeans or spandex and boots all winter long – why not cover up a little more leg for enhanced style AND added warmth?
2. Where do you look for style inspiration?
Instagram is so full of stylish individuals – bloggers and non-bloggers alike. It’s a great way to get a quick overview of someone’s style before trying to dig through a sea of blogs. IG also the added benefit of being an outlet for those who don’t blog but do share their style.
3. How are you refreshing your closet for the new year?
I recently read an awesome article that talked about “new” essential wardrobe items. We all know that every woman needs a pair of dark wash skinny jeans (even if you only wear them with boots, like I do), a basic black blazer and the always-classic trench. While these closet essentials are staples for a reason, there are a few simple swaps that can add a bit of flavor and personality to your closet.
While I kicked up my workwear collection with the addition of a leather pencil skirt, I like the idea of swapping out one of my basic silk button-down shirts with a loungewear-inspired (silk pajama) top or swapping out the tried-and-true ballet flat for a metallic oxford.
Enter the new year with a fabulous new wardrobe while clearing out your closet! From your favorite brands to winter trends that you’re aching to try out, this week’s schedule of Posh Parties has it all! Shop the host picks of oh-so-Posh community hosts all week long.