1. Looking fierce, Manish! This week we had the pleasure of watching our Founder & CEO walk the runway at San Jose Jazz’s first-ever men’s charity fashion show, featuring some of Silicon Valley’s most brilliant minds. No stranger to fashion, Manish rocked the house!
2. Even though our beloved 49ers aren’t going to be in the Super Bowl this year, we want to wish everyone a happy Sunday Funday! Super Bowl babes, what are you wearing this weekend?
3. Do you have a Posh purchase that you absolutely love? Show us how you #POSHSTYLE them, and your picture could be featured by us! We’ve got our eyes and ears on Twitter and Instagram, so just tag your photo with the hashtag POSHSTYLE.
Whatever the weather (Polar Vortex or not), these fashion and beauty bloggers – Jen of House of Jeffers and Suma of The Fashion Beauty Junkie – know how to make their personal style shine through. For this week’s Trending, find out what accessories these winter-nistas must have and how they prevent their personal style from hibernating this season.
How do you stay true to your personal style while dressing for the winter?
The cold can definitely put a damper on my style sometimes. I love to wear dresses and skirts, but when it’s 4 degrees outside, I have to make practical style decisions. No matter what time of year it is, I always like to maintain a mixture of super feminine pieces with a little rock n’ roll edge. I love the mixture of hard and soft when it comes to pairing prints and pieces, and I opt to wear a lot of wedges, printed/colored denim, and of course, sweaters. Color is key in the winter – the weather can be awfully dreary at times.
What winter accessory can’t you live without and why?
I need to have leather – a coat, pants, shoes. My favorite purchase this year has been this leather and wool jacket I bought at Forever 21. It has a motorcycle element to it, but the wool makes it a true winter coat.
What’s the most important thing you look for when shopping for a coat?
When shopping for the perfect winter outerwear, I want a coat that not only keeps me warm, but to stand alone outside of what I’m wearing underneath. I know I’ve found the right one when I try it on and feel like I can wear it with a pair of jeans… and feel dressed up. I’m drawn to coats that have a formal wear aspect to them, especially the hardware (like double breasted coats).
Who is your cold weather style inspiration?
Without a doubt, Alexa Chung is my favorite fashion muse – any season. She has a way of conveying her personality with fashion that is just… inspiring. Besides, she’s British… Can you blame me for admiring a well-dressed Brit?
What is your take on wearing heels in the winter? Yay or nay – and also, why?
Heels during the winter are a total YAY! I think heels are perfect for any season to be truly honest. It can dress up any outfit and put a feminine touch to your look.
Does your personal style change from season to season? If so, how?
I stay pretty consistent with my personal style. I love the cold weather months more than the sunnier seasons because it allows me to layer, layer, layer!
What winter accessory can’t you live without?
I can’t live without my scarfs, hats and gloves. Being that I am from NYC, it gets pretty cold – sometimes people don’t get to see what I’m actually wearing so I dress up my coat with fun hats, scarfs and funky gloves!
What are your top three blizzard-proof beauty products you can’t live without?
It’s so hard to pick only three, but I can’t live without:
– L’oreal Voluminous Mascara (Even when I’m not wearing makeup, I always have mascara on)
– Boscia Daily Hydration Moisturizer (You should ALWAYS moisturize your skin, especially during the winter)