1. With some of your Posh BFFs packing, plucking and preparing for PoshFest next week, you might feel a little left out in all the fun, but it’s not too late to purchase a ticket to Poshmark’s first ever fashion festival! Coordinate that epic road trip with your girlfriends that you’ve always wanted to have or splurge a little on a weekend getaway to Vegas.
2. Give a first impression that lasts at PoshFest – with your own super chic business cards! Poshmark and Moo.com are offering you 100 free mini business cards for you to personalize to perfection and pick-up at registration – you only have to pay a $3 shipping fee. Your closet will definitely make a statement at PoshFest!
3. Have you heard? PoshFest 2013’s full schedule is now available on our Eventbrite page! If you’re curious which of your favorite fashion influencers and tastemakers are speaking that weekend, click through for updated information on panels, workshops and more!
4. At PMHQ, we’ve been counting down to PoshFest, and our excitement definitely shows… on our nails! Check out our fun little IG video and see how we’ve been getting ready for Vegas.
5. Headed to Vegas, but stuck on what to pack? Let Poshmark be your guide to all things fashionable and fit for your luggage! This week Kate of @wearinla showed us her PoshFest essentials – from her iPad to business cards – so check out her post here! If you want even more style inspiration for next weekend, check out our “Vegas, Baby!” Pinterest board for everything glitter and gold.
Blogger darling and power Posher Kate of Wear in La is not only writing a guest post on our blog today, but she’s also joining us at PoshFest as a panelist – sharing all her fashionable tips and tricks for marketing yourself in the virtual world. If you want to join Kate for PoshFest, get your tickets on Eventbrite!
Let’s find out what Kate’s bringing to Vegas:
From the minute I heard about the amazing idea of having a huge live Posh Party in Vegas, I have excitedly been asking myself (and all my Posh friends) the same question over and over again: “What in the world am I going to wear?!” I’m the kind of girl who packs too much, doesn’t get around to wearing nearly half of it and ends up having too much to even care! This time around, I’m planning my outfits ahead of time to minimize luggage and keep myself focused on having a great time and working hard!
In lieu of keeping things simple, I chose a color palette and plan to stick with it so that everything can be interchangeable (you can save so much room in your suitcase if you pick items that mix and match well). For PoshFest 2013, I’m sticking to the oh-so-trendy basics of black and white with a couple pops of color! A classic little black dress can get you through any situation – dinner, drinks, dancing, conference – you name it! Neutral nail polish, such as a nude or silver sparkles, will go with everything – it’s a good idea to consider your wardrobe color palette and choose a polish that meshes well.
Now let’s get down to business – your Posh closet that is! PoshFest is going to be the number one event this year where you can network, learn, and grow your business on Poshmark. Remember to bring your iPhone or iPad, perhaps a notepad, and of course your business cards! Lucky for you and me, Poshmark has offered 100 free custom cards to each attendee to get us jumpstarted! Click HERE to order yours!
Since PoshFest is a two-day event with workshops and panels going all day long, it’s important to have everything you need for the day with you in an easy-to-carry tote. In between speaking on the Marketing Panel, learning new strategies for networking and meeting new Posh friends, I will be fabulously toting around my iPad/iPhone with chargers, a little notebook (yea, I’m still a little old school like that!), business cards, extra pens, perhaps a pair of fold-up flats (you never know…sometimes heels can just be a little too much!) and some basic beauty touch-up products (i.e. lipstick, travel hairspray, bobby pins, and the like). I’m the kind of girl who comes prepared for anything – you just never want to be caught without when you’re in need!
In all my excitement for PoshFest, I have been sharing the Posh love like crazy, encouraging girls to keep on selling and earning towards the trip! I’ve even curated a “PoshFest Essentials” list in my own closet of items that are Vegas-worthy listings up to 20% off. It’s not too late to buy your PoshFest tickets – I so look forward to meeting each and every one of you!
I would love to hear how everyone else is prepping for PoshFest. Share your packing secrets and what you’re going to wear with us here and on Instagram (@poshmark & @wearinla)!
Let’s get this PoshParty started! Vegas, here we come!