2. At Poshmark, we’re here to help you make cash for clearing out your closet. We recently added a handy tool for bloggers to feature their listings on their sites with the Closet Widget. It’s quick and easy to install, so hurry and promote your closet!
3. Our Co-Founder and VP of Merchandising Tracy Sun was recently featured on the Digital, Disrupted panel at LA Fashion Digital. The panel discussed e-commerce innovation and trends.
Our favorite Tracy quote? “To build the company you want to build, go where your customers are. Mobile is a platform, not a strategy.” Amen, sister.
4. You know we love a good outfit change. We recently spiffed up our digital cover photos to celebrate what we love about Poshmark: the community, the parties and the amazing finds! Want to stay in the loop? Follow us: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Google+.
5. You say burrito, I say burrito coma. Hope you all had a happy Cinco de Mayo like we did at PMHQ!
To say that PoshFest was a success would be an understatement, so we’d rather say it through pictures and our favorite soundbites. For those who couldn’t make it this year, we hope that this short and sweet recap will inspire you to join us for all the Posh fun next year:
To welcome all our PoshFest attendees, Manish introduced a very special someone who couldn’t make it, but wanted to send us her Posh love: Rachel Zoe!
One of the most rewarding things about the Poshmark experience is hearing the stories from some remarkable women. Our inspirational speakers, Simonett Pereira and Natasha Bontempo, definitely have a sparkle about them, and they inspire us to knock down any obstacles – no matter how big!
We learned that the way you style yourself is the first impression you make with people, that you should never discount the power of a great pair of shoes or a wonderful handbag and that style is bigger than what we wear – it’s how we carry ourselves!
The infamous and oh-so-amazing Kate Franco of Poshmark’s Merchandising Team led an engaging discussion on a topic that all Poshers want to know about: secrets to being a successful seller. With panelists and power Poshers – Brenda Edmondson, Kathy Adams, Alexandra Marquez and Hannah Ouimet – this panel shared so many insights on why passion has a purpose in sales.
We learned that Posh power sellers take into account that time zones extend your window for selling, that building a following through external networks like Twitter or a blog increases your selling influence and the great packaging definitely builds your closet’s brand.
Keynote Speaker: Manish Chandra
From the mind that started it all, PoshFest attendees got an insider look on the company from CEO and Founder, Manish Chandra! It was completely mind-blowing to find out that the number of listings on Poshmark grows by a full Nordstrom’s store every two weeks!
Even though we at PMHQ hear him talk about Poshmark every day, we still get a little starry-eyed hearing about the future and new features of our app.
We learned that Instagram is a great place to find your target market, that spreading the Posh love and sharing the listings of closets with a lot of followers will increase your own closet’s exposure and accurate sizing with the help of a measuring tape will save you time!
Poshmark’s beautiful and brainy product gals – Tracy Espeleta and Kate Franco – got up-close and personal with future plans for app features and some extra-special surprises!
The Founders took the PoshFest stage to answer a few of the burning questions you had about the app, the future of Poshmark and their preference for boxers or briefs.
This insightful and intimate talk with the Founders did teach us that private chat on the app isn’t a possibility for now, neither are hashtags, that we’re looking into new features and programs that improve the new seller experience and that having a majority of women in the office definitely makes it a warm (and sparkly) place to be.
As for answering the age-old question of “boxers or briefs,” our very classy Founders replied with a lot of chuckling, but no answer. The Posh world might never know!
Of course, we ended the day with a Posh Party – Vegas style!
1. The road to PoshFest has us two weeks away from Poshmark’s first ever fashion festival! (cue the music and glitter)
Don’t miss out on this celebration of woman entrepreneurship, Poshmark and you! You can still buy PoshFest tickets and get all the details on our Eventbrite page.
We can’t wait to see you there!
2. Fall is the season for conferences, and our founders are soaking in the limelight to talk about fashion, technology and of course, Poshmark! This past week our CEO and founder Manish Chandra discussed about the wonders of wearable tech at the Glazed Conference in SF. When asked whether Poshers would buy wearable tech, he said that if Michael Kors made a line we definitely would!
On Saturday, October 12th, our co-founder and all-around style queen Tracy Sun will be speaking at the iFabbo San Francisco Conference – so stay tuned!
3. Poshers, we want to send our love out to you for making us an insta-success on Instagram! We’re almost at 20k – and we’d appreciate your extra love and support to push us there! Share our IG with all your favorite people so that we can continue capturing the glitter, glitz and fashion of Poshmark!
4. Yahoo! featured Poshmark and fab user Britney in a recent article on how to make money outside of the normal 9-to-5 job with new moneymaking apps.
Watch Britney’s screen debut and check out the article here!
5. We want to wish you a happy Friday from PMHQ! At the end of the work week, we just want to remind all our working girls and power users out there that:
If you love this and other inspirational quotes, check out our “Words of Wisdom” board on Pinterest!