A chic pool party is the best way to wind down the summer. Whether you’re hanging out on a cute floaty or glamming it up with a refreshing cocktail, these looks are perfect for some late season festivities. Just make sure you’re using the right sun protection!
Have you ever wondered why some listings sell like a hotcakes and others sit in your closet longer? Today’s Posh Tip explores marketing your closet for the right time of year.
We think it’s valuable to keep in mind the current season, the upcoming season and the overall seasonality of your garments. When listing items in your closet, take into account what the Community may be shopping for in the coming weeks.
A helpful hint: ask yourself what you’ve been shopping for lately. Your thin, lightweight tops, silky shorts and strappy sandals will likely get more interest during the warmer months. When you consider that people are looking to buy in advance of the upcoming season (about six to eight weeks), in- and pre-season items can call for a higher price as they’re more in demand.
At the same time, if you’d really like to move your inventory of thick, chunky sweaters and knee-high leather boots in those same warmer months, consider lowering your price to attract buyers. Nothing is more drool-worthy than a gorgeous, warm coat or jacket with an equally enticing price tag.
This week our Community Team selects chic favorites that would be perfect to take on a summer getaway. Tropical beach vacations, sunny festival weekends, fun-filled days and warm nights with your girlfriends— Angela and Gloria give you options for wherever your summer may take you.
1. Blue High Low Dress – $62
This bright blue dress is such an eye-catcher! The flow of the dress would be perfect for a romantic nighttime stroll on a beach somewhere warm and tropical.
2. Printed Shorts – $20
These playful, printed shorts remind me of a fun day with the girls. Brunch, shopping, you name it!
3. Vogue Sunglasses – $85 retail $110 I love these sunglasses for any vacation or beach day this summer -especially after a late night out with friends. Can’t go wrong with a big frame and a pop of color!
4. ‘Hello’ Crop Top – $10
What a conversation piece! You’ll be meeting people instantly with this fun and inviting crop top at all the summer festivals!
There’s something about a crisp white piece that makes me think of being on a summer getaway. White is incredibly flattering and will make your skin look extra tan while you’re in the sun. These asymmetrical lines are also so on trend; definitely a summertime staple!
As someone who loves jewelry, but wears it minimally on a day to day basis, I love to go all out when I’m on vacation or on a getaway. This chic bauble bar necklace would add a dash of glamour to any outfit!
Happy Friday, everyone! Another week is behind us and we are getting closer and closer to saying goodbye to summer and a big helllooo fall! Read below to see what happened this week that had us smiling!
1. Win Posh Credit! Yesterday we launched our very first giveaway where one lucky Poshmarker will snag $100 Posh Credits to spend on whatever her fashion heart desires in the app! Have you entered yet? The giveaway ends next Thursday, August 30th, so be sure to enter!
2.“Shop Until Your iPhone Drops!” This morning we woke up to a seriously amazing article written by Wired Magazine that really captures the essence of Poshmark to a T. “The iOS app is downright addictive and its big “buy now” button makes it too easy to buy a glittered gold dress after you’ve had one too many.” #truth
3. 20,000 Listings In a Posh Party?! Well not QUITE, but almost! Our “Endless Summer” Posh Party last night racked in nearly 19,000 fabulous listings full of floral prints, sunnies, and strappy sandals! Ready? Set? SHOP!
4. Fall Fashion! Like we just mentioned, Summer isn’t quite over, but fall is right around the corner! With Fashion Week looming, September magazine issues and layered-up looks popping up everywhere, we are getting really excited to get a first look at what you guys have to offer in our first fall-themed Posh Party this weekend! Hope to see you there!
5.Most-Popular Shoes This Week: Earlier this week, we shared these fabulously-fringed heels, which you all went wild for on Facebook! We just wanted to fill you in and let you know that they’re still available and only $25.00! Get ‘em while they’re hot!