Having amazing pictures in your Poshmark listings is one of the most important parts of creating a great listing. But don’t fret – read these simple tips to make the most out of your photos!
1. Style your Covershot
Your Covershot is the very first photo in your listing – and first impressions definitely count, so be sure to wow potential buyers by including a gorgeous Covershot in your listings! We find that if you wear your item in your Covershot to show how you would style it, the chances of selling your item are much greater.
2. Pick the right setting
Where you take your pictures is as equally important when creating a listing. You want to be sure that what you’re trying to sell is what stands out – not the pile of clothes sitting on your bed in the background!
If you’re taking your photos at home, we suggest picking an area of your house that’s clean, free of clutter, and has natural light beaming through.
3. Take clear, bright photos
One of the most-convenient things about Poshmark is that you can snap the photos for your listing using your phone (easy-breezy!). And while the camera on the phone is pretty amazing, the lighting and coloring of the photos can sometimes be less-than-ideal depending on the environment in which the photos are taken.
This is why snapping your photos in natural lighting is preferred, but we know that’s not always possible. Luckily, there are plenty of apps that will quickly correct the exposure and tone of your pictures, such as Snapseed, Photoshop Express and VSCO Cam.
4. Include a variety of photos
We strongly encourage including as many photos of the item you are trying to sell to give potential buyers a better idea of what the item really looks like from multiple angles. Some ideas of the photos to include in your listings are:
- A clear styled shot of the product on you.
- A full front shot of the product lying flat or against a clean, contrasting surface.
- A full back shot of the product lying flat or against a clean, contrasting surface.
- A detail shot of the product, showing any special details or pointing out any possible minor defects or wear.
We know you have handfuls of clothes, jewelry, and accessories that are collecting dust in your closet. The list below will help you de-clutter and turn those once-loved items into cash on Poshmark.
Here are a few ideas of items to list that we know every girl has in her closet:
1. The designer jeans that don’t fit quite right.
2. Heels that are just a smidge too high.
3. The cocktail dress from last year’s holiday party.
4. Jewelry from an ex.
5. A gifted scarf you never wear.
6. A dress you bought for a wedding and never wore again.
7. Shoes purchased on sale that are too small, but were too good of a deal to pass up.
8. The blazer you bought for an interview.
9. A handbag that’s too big.
10. Sunglasses that don’t fit your face shape.
So get to it! Unlock that treasure and make room—and money—for things you really love today!
At Poshmark HQ, we’re always thinking about ways to make selling and shopping on Poshmark that much more easy and convenient for our community. That’s why we’re so pleased to announce a new lower-priced shipping policy! Our standard shipping rates have been reduced to:
- $4.99 on orders $25 and above
- $6.99 on all other orders
- Our standard pre-paid shipping label now covers packages up to 2lbs. You can always upgrade your shipping label for packages over 2lbs. Check out our Posh Guide to see how you can do this within the app!
The new reduced shipping rates take into account a better understanding of our business and the amazing feedback we have received from you, our Poshmark community, so thank you!
But that’s not it! Here are some other recent improvements that we have made to our system that will help sellers on Poshmark:
- More Control Over Your Orders: We’ve launched a series of self-service tools accessed directly from the app to give you immediate access to your orders. These self-service tools include label upgrades, order cancellation requests, delayed shipment notifications, and more!
- Tighter Integration With USPS: Sometimes packages end up in the wrong spot. Misrouted packages means delays for your buyers. We have been working directly with USPS to reduce the number of misrouted packages that happen. More efficiency here means your buyers will get your packages that much faster.
- More Efficient Return Addresses: We now submit your own return shipping address to your shipping labels. This allows you to have more control over your entire order process and minimizes the lost time incurred on returned packages.
And, of course, we will not stop here. We will continue to work every day to make your Poshmark experience better and better.
Let’s face it. We’ve all got some clothes, jewelry, and accessories that are collecting dust in our closets. List them on Poshmark, earn cash, and purchase items you’ll actually wear!
Top 10 items to list now!
- The designer jeans that don’t fit quite right
- Heels that are just a smidge too high
- The cocktail dress from last year’s holiday party
- Jewelry from an ex
- A gifted scarf you never wore
- A dress you bought for a wedding, were Instagrammed in, and never wore again
- Shoes purchased on sale that are too small, but were too good of a deal to pass up
- The blazer you bought for an interview
- A handbag that’s too big
- Sunglasses that don’t fit your face shape
So get to it! Make room—and money—for things you really love today!