Happy Labor Day! The Posh Party Line-Up is set with a week of shopping parties — including an entire evening dedicated to kicking off New York Fashion Week! Are you ready? Get to know this week’s style influencer hosts by scoping out their closets before shopping along with them in the app at 7pm PST on party day. After all, following their Host Picks is like having your own personal stylist!
New York Fashion Week is officially underway and our Instagram feed is blowing up with #NYFW eye candy. All of the looks and shows have us double tapping all over the place! Weren’t able to make it to The Big Apple and want a front row seat to all the action? Follow some of our favorite Poshers who are in the center of the action and sharing all the fun along the way.
Daniela | @nanysklozet
Kate | @hey_im_kate
Naty | @natybaby
Martha | @mdollnyc
Ashley | @pursuitofshoes
Fashion blogger and darling Posher – Dhuvri of Stilettos & Sequins – loves to share her passion for style. With NYFW behind us, we’re so excited that she’s taking over the blog today to discuss which trends were hot on the runway this year.
If you’re eager to try out a new look, check out Dhuvri’s host picks at tonight’s Street Style Posh Party!
In this OOTD, I’ve put together an outfit incorporating two of my favorite AW14 trends – gold, red and an absolute staple – leopard. Burgundy is one of my favorite colors to pair with gold. I know some of us are sick of this cold weather, but the fact remains – Winter is my favorite season of the year.
I am so excited to be guest blogging for Poshmark today, and I’m even more thrilled about hosting my first Posh Party tonight – I hope you’ll join
me! Since New York Fashion Week AW14 shows just ended, I thought it would be the perfect time to talk about the top five trends on the AW14 runways:
Checker Print: Whether it’s plaid, gingham, tartan or windowpane, checker prints have been having quite the moment this Fall/Winter, and they are back for Round 2! I’ve worn my share of checker prints on my blog, and I can’t wait to rock more!
Fur: While fur has been a Fall/Winter staple, the AW14 runways were all
about fur in some awesome colors and furry accents.
Gold: Dying, you guys! Designers definitely went for gold for AW14, and
I’m not complaining – I love me some gold! Whether it’s a little or a lot,
don’t be afraid to rock gold!
Red: A bit of a surprise, huh? Bright reds to burgundies, NYFW was
definitely in the red zone!
White: Over the past couple years, designers have been consistently breaking the “No white after Labor Day” rule, and I couldn’t be
happier. I love white, and I’m not gonna stop wearing it … ever!
Are you excited for these trends? What is your favorite?
1. If you watched Good Morning America earlier this week, you might have noticed an ENTIRE segment on Poshmark – starring our CEO and founder, Manish, and darling Posher, Hannah (@hannaho)!
America was buzzing all about Posh, and we couldn’t be happier. Watch the video here:
2. Noticed anything different about Poshmark on the web? We’re always looking for new ways to make your shopping experience easier and even more fabulous, so we’re introducing the “Shop” tab in our navigation menu!
From there, you can choose to shop items by category, Showrooms or a specific brand. To enjoy this and our new Search filters, upgrade or download the new version of the Poshmark app! Learn more about our web update here.
3. Pinterest + Poshmark = oh, the fashion possibilities! Our partner Pinterest understands how important visual inspiration is to spreading the PoshLove. In their Pinterest for Business case study about Poshmark, they’re featuring how we’ve been using the platform to inspire users to pin and shop.
Take a peek at the case study here!
4. OMG. NYFW! The fashion industry is amidst their favorite season, and we want to help you pack and dress the perfect outfit for those headed to New York or to glam it up at the office. Take a look at our “What to Wear” post to make a real street style statement.
5. Valentine’s Day is the ultimate date night. For a wow-worthy dress for the most romantic night of the year, check out our Date Night Posh Party from earlier this month or our Alice + Olivia Dresses Showroom for something a little fun and feminine!
Now that NY Fashion Week is over, let’s get right to our highlights from this fun-filled, amazing week!
1. NYFW & IFBCon: New York was filled with inspiration this last week (and plenty of snow)! The week was jam-packed with fashion and Poshmark love: from snapping Street Style pictures in Lincoln Center, hearing panelists speak at the Independent Fashion Bloggers Conference, to meeting up with some rockstar Poshmarkers.
2. Posh Guide: Ever wanted tips on how to make your first sale, reserving an item, or just how to get started using Poshmark? Check out this new Posh Guide which has all these answers and more for you!
3. InstaLove: This week we hit a huge milestone of 6,000 lovely followers on Instagram and we want to say thank you to each and every one of you! How fast can we get to 10K? 😉
4. Posh Package: Yesterday (and everyday for us here at PMHQ, to be honest) was the “official” day of love. While searching through Instagram, we came across one Posh Package that was just bursting with hearts and smiles. How cute is the card and packaging? The thought behind putting this Poshmark package together just blew us away, so we had to share!
5. Party Time. Excellent: Is anyone else excited for a long holiday weekend? Whatever you have planned, whether it be lunch with friends, a nice hike, or date night out, don’t miss out on all the Posh Parties happening three times daily!
PS: #PoshmarkNYFW Instagram Contest Winner Announcement! Thank you to everyone who entered our Instagram Street Style giveaway! We had so many fabulous entries…but a HUGE congrats to Deidre Casey who re-posted this picture!