Love this kate spade tote? Enter for a chance to win it and gift it to someone deserving – even if that person is you! We’re continuing the celebration of all the amazing mothers and inspiring women out there with a giveaway on Instagram. So head over there for details ASAP as the giveaway closes at 11:59pm PST, Saturday, May 9th.
We’ve redefined mom jeans, shared inspiring stories and encouraged moms to splurge a little on themselves. In the last of our series for Mother’s Day this year, we’re talking about maternity fashion. What can you expect when you’re expecting? To look good, that’s what!
Of course, it’s not just about how to find amazing maternity clothes, but also about selling the styles that you don’t plan to wear again. Not sure where to get started? We’ve got you covered!
6 Tips for Buying & Selling Maternity Fashion on Poshmark
- Utilize search and filters. Some of your favorite brands have maternity lines, like ASOS, H&M and GAP. To find these, head to the search bar and search “maternity.” Then filter by brands and categories. Don’t forget to head to the brands page to find popular maternity brands like A Pea in the Pod, Motherhood Maternity, Ripe Maternity and Isabella Oliver. Don’t see it listed? We’re constantly updating this section, but you can always search for other cute brands like Rosie Pope, Olian Maternity and Seraphine.
- Rethink size. While the “My Size” filter is great for shopping, sometimes it’s helpful to turn that feature off to be able to search outside your size and have more options to choose from. Plus, as moms who know will tell you, you don’t always have to size up just because you’re feeling large.
- Basics and accessories are your friends. These are the secrets to good maternity style and often can be found outside of the maternity category. Look at styles you currently love and see which items will be your best investment. Chances are you’ll wear jeans, tees and an LBD, and then you can mix it up with jackets, scarves, bags, shoes and jewelry.
- Prep your listings in advance. Free time is limited after the baby arrives, especially if he or she isn’t your first bundle of joy. By taking cute, styled and/or modeled photos in advance and saving them to your device, listing the items while multitasking will be a breeze.
- Create a searchable listing description. Knowing our above tips for searching, keep this in mind when it’s time to create a listing. Thoughtful listing titles, descriptions and sizes will ensure that your items will be discovered.
- Spread the word to other moms and moms-to-be. Have great deals? Find something you love? Don’t keep it a secret! Help each other out and spread the word about buying and selling maternity fashion on Poshmark. Utilize the sharing features to post your closet and individual listings via Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and more!
Have more tips? Share them in the comments below!
You’ve heard of “mom jeans.” This term is synonymous with unflattering and out-of-style denim. Yet moms are a hardworking group of women who deserve better. As we celebrate these women in advance of Mother’s Day, let’s redefine this notion. Here are some staple jean trends that can easily add style to an everyday look for those ladies with busy lifestyles.
Yes, those ‘70s inspired flared jeans are back and more flattering than ever. Now, you can rock them as a mom and be a trendsetter.
Get the Look: Seven7 Flared Jeans // Gap White Flared Denim
This trend is still going strong and for good reason. We especially love the funky throwback prints as a fun and easy way to make a statement.
Get the Look: Bebe Printed Jeans // Red Print Jeans
Maybe in your case it’s the husband jeans. They are a chic way to channel a relaxed fit in a more hip way. Seek out slightly more straight leg than wide leg and consider pegging them for maximum style.
Get the Look: Distressed Boyfriend Jeans // Lucky Brand Boyfriend Jeans
As Mother’s Day approaches, we are putting together some extra special content that celebrates and empowers moms! First things first, it’s time to treat yourself. Who says you can’t buy yourself something for Mother’s Day? These finds are the perfect way to spoil yourself with killer deals. Guilt-free shopping? We got you.
1. rag & bone Denim
Step away from those sweats! We know they’re comfy and tempting, and we could live in them all day, but rag & bone denim is a real treat! They’re comfy, high quality and an easy way to be stylish in the midst of chaos.
2. Tory Burch Satchel
We’re pretty sure after a few diaper bags, you’re ready for a new handbag – just for you. Here’s one that fits all of your (and your kids’) necessities. Plus, Tory Burch is so classic, it will be a staple piece season after season.
3. Block Heel Sandals
Mother’s Day means that warm weather is nearer than ever, so it’s the perfect time to score some sandals. The wooden block heel makes these spotted calf hair Dolce Vita sandals the perfect pair for running errands, shopping or even just playing chauffeur.
4. Floral Anthropologie Dress
Celebrating moms often means someone else does the cooking – or reservation-making. You will likely be treated to a nice brunch or dinner and you can’t go wrong with a floral dress. Here’s one of our favorite dresses from Anthropologie to make you feel beautiful on the inside and out.
5. Theory Blazer
Blazers are the hardest working piece in any wardrobe – they go with everything and make you feel put together. This one by Theory adds a twist on the traditional blazer style and can easily be dressed up or downl for any occasion.
With the arrival of May – we’ll give you a moment to let that fact sink in… – it’s time to think about celebrating Mom. She gives the best advice and can make the best chocolate chip cookies, so why not go all out with a gift to show her she’s the best? If you’re stumped, we’ve got you covered with some Poshmark finds that any mom would love.
1. Marc by Marc Jacobs Rose Gold Watch $249
2. Vintage Floral Scarf $8
3. Peach and Mint Statement Necklace $18 (Retail $40)
4. Emelio Frank Skull Clutch $250 (Retail $365)
5. Leopard Clutch Wallet $15
6. Chloe Sunglasses $125 (Retail $300)
7. Blush Satchel $52
8. Kate Spade Bracelet $88 (Retail $128)