Nothing says freedom quite like a three-day weekend spent celebrating with patriotic pride. And what wardrobe staple is more American than blue jeans? So for this installment of Wish List Wednesday we are sharing our favorite denim deals.
For the Presidents’ Day holiday, kick back and relax – all while shopping our fabulous Posh Parties! From curated style picks from our fashion influencers – Jodi (Twitter: @Lovelybreeeee), Allyson and Dhruvi of Stilettos & Sequins – to our community hosts, we have everything you might need for one amazing shopping experience.
Polar Vortex got you down? Cheer up with Poshmark all week long and do all your shopping indoors without the frostbite or winter hat hair! Check out the curated looks from fashion influencers – Suma of The Fashion Beauty Junkie, Jen of House of Jeffers, Ashley of The Teacher Diva and Donna of dblankstyle – and our other fabulous community hosts.
1. As the fashion-obsessed, we can’t get enough of Instagram! Our Poshmark Instagram community shows us so much PoshLove and PoshStyle that it inspires us to share our own fashion finds, inspiration and more every day. We’re almost to 25k followers on IG – spread the love to your friends and other Poshers and follow us if you haven’t already!
2. Brrr! With the cold front of winter asking for layering expertise that can rival the Olsens, shop for your winter essentials with our new and nifty Showrooms feature! We’re particularly crushing on the Frye Boots showroom with all the leather-loving listings for you to enjoy. Check them out here!
3. Posh Party all day every day! This weekend we have our ever-trendy Fresh Fashion party on Saturday and the lace-loving Flirty & Feminine party on Sunday. With a weekend like that, why wait in lines and crowds at the mall? Shop now!
4. What’s more fabulous than glitter and football? This weekend we’ve got our local 49ers on our minds – as they face off the Panthers this Sunday for one step closer to the Super Bowl. The Niners have their own personal cheerleaders at PMHQ – we’ll be sure to wear our red and gold loud, proud and fabulously!
5. Target + flash mob + Beyoncé = so much fierceness! We’re sharing a little Friday dance-spiration with a few of our favorite things in one video:
You might recognize power Poshmarker Amy Bruni from SyFy’s Ghost Hunters. However, there is a lot more to Amy than just seeking spirits in haunted spaces! This “Massifornian”—Amy’s term for Nor-Cal native living in Boston—is also a new mom and fashionista with a keen shopping eye!
With a closet full of goodies from Anthropologie, Joie, Tory Burch, J.Crew, Frye, and more, we’re thrilled that Amy is opening up not just her wardrobe, but a little bit more about her life beyond paranormal investigating. Read on to find out more about Amy and be sure to tune into her Casual Cool Posh Party tonight at 7pm!
Poshmark (PM): How did you discover Poshmark?
Amy (A): I think I found it when someone I was following on Instagram posted their closet. I was like, “Oh no, what is this and why don’t I know about it?! I’m one of those people who is constantly rotating clothes, so Poshmark is perfect for me. The environmentalist in me loves Poshmark too, because I love giving a second life to designer fashion, rather than always buying new.
PM: Where do you Poshmark the most? At home? On the go?
A: EVERYWHERE. Oddly, I’ll find myself awake in the middle of the night, scrolling through Poshmark. When we’re working and have downtime, I’m scrolling through Poshmark. If I’m on a plane with WiFi, Poshmark.
PM: How do you decide what to wear for an investigation? Do you have a go-to outfit?
A: I almost always wear Converse or my Frye 12R Harness boots with skinny jeans—Hudsons or Citizens—and a tee of some sort. I’ll try to liven it up with jewelry, but anything too loud and the sound guy yells at me—haha! Sometimes I’ll throw on a vest or fun sweater, but it’s filmed in IR so very little of what I wear is even noticeable – which is so sad to me! I’ve definitely become known for my scarves. I wear scarves all year round, they’re an easy way to liven up an outfit and I figured that out quick on the show.
Amy, left, during an investigation on Ghost Hunters, photo via SyFy
PM: Do you get to shop while you’re on the road with the TAPS team?
A: Yes! Too much! I always look for funky vintage stuff on the road. My favorite is this great vintage wrap skirt with a whole forest scene and deer on it. It looks like something from Anthropologie, but I found it in a vintage store in North Carolina for ten bucks.
PM: As an experienced traveler, can you share any tips for packing light and stylish?
A: Good jeans are your best friend; you can never spend too much on premium denim. Bring two pairs plus lots of tops and jewelry and a killer pair of heels, and you’re ready for anything. My bags are always stuffed with bulky work clothes with a little section of stylish stuff in case we have time for fun. I wear so many dresses, so I always roll up a couple and bring them along, too.
A huge thank you to Amy for hanging out with us, and be sure to tune into her “Casual Cool” Posh Party tonight in the app!