At 31 years old, fashion designer Alexander Wang has done more than many designers have in a lifetime. A graduate of Parsons, Wang debuted his first collection at age 21, which consisted of knitwear based on unisex silhouettes. Today he has transformed his vision into a multi-million dollar business and is one of the most recognized brands in the fashion industry. From collaborating with H&M to being the creative director of French fashion house Balenciaga, Wang has created a retrospective capsule collection for his accomplishment.
In celebration of his 10 years in the fashion industry, the brand had fans vote for their favorite pieces. This capsule consists of his 10 best sellers, known as the “Wang 10.” From Alexander Wang’s spring 2009 collection of bright pieces and a Miami-inspired show to the sexy fall 2009 collection of moto jackets and sheer bra cup dresses, this anniversary collection proves that Wang is sure to further ascend into fashion history.
Get the Look: 10 Years of Wang
What makes Alexander Wang’s fans obsessed with his collections are the wearable and diverse his designs and silhouettes.
The 10 items of the capsule collection are all black, which makes us love it even more. What else do we love? Low-waisted leather pants, the mesh dress with graphic embellishments and the athletic-inspired leather shorts.
If you can’t take home this collection at full retail, you can still find amazing pieces from this honored designer on Poshmark. How to style the looks? Pair the leather bottoms with a sleeveless top or with a cable-knit jumper, the mesh dress with heels, and the draped dress with sneakers and leather jacket on top, and you might just be mistaken for one of Wang’s models.
Top // Pants // Mesh Dress // Draped Dress
photos via alexanderwang.com
There is a special place in our hearts for the too-short run of the series My So-Called Life. How many times did we wish we had friends like Rayanne and Rickie? How badly did we want the perfect bob haircut like Angela?
Perhaps the love comes from the way it perfectly captured the teenage experience, a time when we were waiting for our life to start and learning to accept the parts of ourselves that were different; all the while navigating the daunting social structure of high school. The show refreshingly displayed teenhood in all its angsty, awkward glory. That honesty not only made it inspiring but also groundbreaking. As we move closer to Fall, it is the perfect time to pay homage to our favorite Liberty High students by breaking out the ‘90s-inspired looks.
My So-Called Style: Angela
Photos: 1, 2
Angela not only had the best hair, she also had an awesomely relaxed and unique style. Overalls are not only comfortable, they also can be edgy and fashion-forward! Take a hint from Claire Danes and pair them with an awesome attitude and a crop tee, or glam them up with a silk blouse.
Get the Look: Free People Overalls // High Waisted Velvet Overalls // rag & bone Black Denim Overalls // Denim Overalls
My So-Called Style: Rayanne
Photos: 1, 2, 3
We will forever covet Rayanne’s awesome style, which is all the more relevant today. Everything from the dark brick red lip to the high waisted jeans and crop tees, it’s the ultimate cool-girl look!
Get the Look: Urban Outfitters Mom Jean // American Apparel Mom Jean // UNIF Cher Crop Top // Maroon Knit Crop Top
My So-Called Style: ’90s Resurgence Essentials
Photos: 1, 2, 3
Plaid and flannel don’t have to be just stereotypical apparel of Generation X, they can also add that extra dose of color and pattern to an otherwise simple outfit. Tie it around your waist to show off your trendy style or wear it under your favorite oversized sweater for some perfect cold-weather layering.
Get the Look: Flannel Shirt // Plaid Shirt // Vintage Fringe Jacket // Denim Jacket // Denim Trench Coat // Dr Martens Spotted Dalmatian Boot // Matte Black Dr Martens Boot
It’s safe to say that no one can get enough of Garance Dore this season. The fashion photographer, blogger, and illustrator has curated an exclusive collection with the French brand, Equipment. The collection available at Equipment, features the artist’s most notable illustrations on sleek white button-downs and silk scarves that provoke outfit envy in establishing the perfect Parisian vibe.
Get the Look: Garance Dore x Equipment
The scarf can be styled as a headband or tied around your neck for an effortless summer look. As for the button-down? Pair it with a denim a-line skirt, jeans or culottes and you’re ready for a Parisian holiday!
Feeling inspired yet? Although the collection retails for a pretty penny, we’ve got the perfect pieces that emulate this collection that are as the French would say, irrésistible.
Skirt // Top // Scarf // Sandals
Mastering the Parisian style has become a trend all on its own. However, the key to conquering this look is to be confident and utilizing pieces that are feminine, cheeky and can be integrated with various looks, such as seen with this collection. Garance Dore focuses with illustrations that are inspired by the red lips French women love. This bold and seducing print, allows any woman to stand out and grasp their confidence whether walking on the streets of Paris or on the streets of San Francisco.
Top // Jacket // Scarf // Culottes // Sunglasses
While some of us may be cozying up in our blanket scarves and booties, the ladies in the Sunshine State are basking in warmth and we are totally OK with admitting that we are
a little way jealous. We’ve shown you our love of the West Coast style in LA and San Francisco, but it’s time to take it to the hotter than haute Miami.
Check out our favorite Instagram looks from the past week and how you can get the look on Poshmark.
Distressed Denim // Flowy Cutout Top // Ray Ban Clubmasters
Wool Hat // Louis Vuitton Backpack
White Shift Dress // Tassel Heels // Prada Tote Bag // Cateye Sunnies
Turtleneck LBD // Leopard Sneakers // Gold earrings
In honor of our “Girly Girl” Posh Party tonight, we thought who better to get inspiration from than the girliest of girls herself (and a PMHQ fashion fave), Ms. Lauren Conrad! We love her style so much and are totally digging this summer-to-fall transitional look.
Oh, what’s that? You love it too and want to know how you can recreate this look? Look no further than Poshmark to purchase pieces that pack a pretty punch!
Get the Girly Girl Look on Poshmark:
New York Fashion Week has come and gone. We went, we saw, and we’re totally inspired with everything from the spring runway shows, to the fab street style captured throughout all of NYC. Here are some of our NYFW highlights…not to mention an exciting announcement!
1. #NYFWPoshParty: We added a few additional Posh Parties during the day this week to celebrate NYFW. In addition to the amazing listings that coincided with the runway shows themselves, we asked some fun fashion and style questions and want to thank you for joining in on the fashion week Posh Party fun in the app! We hope to have more parties like this in the future because we love hearing what you have to say about your style and how you feel about different trends. In case you missed these Posh Parties, don’t you worry- you can still shop the parties here: “NYFW: Rebecca Minkoff, Nicole Miller & Herve Leger” ,”NYFW: Tory Burch, Zac Posen, & Anna Sui”, & “NYFW: Michael Kors, Rachel Zoe, Nanette Lepore, & Milly”.
2. DVF through Google Glasses: We’re suckers for all-things fashion + tech (for obvious reasons, of course!). That’s why one of our favorite things that popped up post-fashion week came from the ever-inspiring Diane Von Furstenberg. She partnered wit Google Glass to show the world first-hand what it’s like to BE DVF, preparing for fashion week with her team, and what it looks like strutting down the runway. Love.
3. Hangout. Google Style: Another awesome fashion-meets-tech highlight for us was when Lyst invited a handful of ladies (a few a which are local SF friends and Poshmark users) to a Google Hangout to ask questions and interact backstage with different designers and industry peeps! This is inpsiring us to host our own Google Hangout in the future for you! Would you attend?!
4. “Get the Look”: We had a blast recreating a few of our favorite Street Style looks from NYFW using Poshmark finds! We will be doing these posts regularly now so be on the look out on how you can find complete looks on the app!
5. Miami here we come! If you heard our teaser announcement on Twitter, then you now know that the Poshmark team is heading to MIAMI! We will be there 9/27 throwing a LIVE Posh Party with some really fab hosts, so be sure to save the date! We’d love to have you join us in person or in the app. Keep a look out for all the details on our blog next week!
Have you ever perused through your favorite street style blogs oogling over ensembles left and right, wondering how you could recreate the look? Yes, we thought so! That’s why we’re so excited to introduce our new “Get the Look” blog series! We’ll be taking some of our favorite outfits from blogs and stylish lads from across the country and scouring through Poshmark to help you find pieces that pack all the same punch.
Without further adieu, we are kicking it off this week with some oh-so-fab New York Fashion Week Street Style looks!
Get the look: Neon Bag $110 (Retail Value $125), Statement Necklace $8 (Retail Value $20), Leather Jacket $175 (Retail Value $250),Shimmer Dress $55 ($168), Wayfarers $150 (Retail Value $185)
Get the Look: Burgundy Skirt $12 (Retail Value $18), Sheer Blouse $15 (Retail Value $22), Silver Watch $179 (Retail Value $250) , Statement Sunnies $15 (Retail Value $30), White Handbag $700 (Retail Value $1700)
Get the Look: Sequin Blazer $32 (Retail Value $68), Plain White Tee $5, Python Pants $35 (Retail Value $60), Cream Belt $50, Black Bangle $40 (Retail Value $88), Gold Rim Sunnies $38 (Retail Value $105)