We live, eat, and breathe everything fashion and tech related, which is why we are so excited to announce our partnership with Third Wave Fashion! The NYC-based company is coming to San Francisco to host a fun event on Embracing Fashion In Tech.
Not only have we invited other Bay Area industry professionals to speak on the panel, but our own Co-Founders and CEO Manish Chandra and Tracy Sun will be getting in on the action! We hope you can come join us, have a cocktail, and do some networking! See below for all the details.
Who: Third Wave Fashion, Poshmark + Fashion Technology Accelerator
What: Networking, Industry Panel, Demos, & Cocktails
When: Tuesday, November 13th 6:30-9pm
Where: Zappos Lab HQ, 121 2nd Street, San Francisco, CA 94015
Tickets: Click here to register for the event!
**BONUS**: Poshmark is gifting tickets to the first 50 people to register using code “TWFPoshmark”. Hurry, they’re going fast!
New York Fashion Week has come and gone. We went, we saw, and we’re totally inspired with everything from the spring runway shows, to the fab street style captured throughout all of NYC. Here are some of our NYFW highlights…not to mention an exciting announcement!
1. #NYFWPoshParty: We added a few additional Posh Parties during the day this week to celebrate NYFW. In addition to the amazing listings that coincided with the runway shows themselves, we asked some fun fashion and style questions and want to thank you for joining in on the fashion week Posh Party fun in the app! We hope to have more parties like this in the future because we love hearing what you have to say about your style and how you feel about different trends. In case you missed these Posh Parties, don’t you worry- you can still shop the parties here: “NYFW: Rebecca Minkoff, Nicole Miller & Herve Leger” ,”NYFW: Tory Burch, Zac Posen, & Anna Sui”, & “NYFW: Michael Kors, Rachel Zoe, Nanette Lepore, & Milly”.
2. DVF through Google Glasses: We’re suckers for all-things fashion + tech (for obvious reasons, of course!). That’s why one of our favorite things that popped up post-fashion week came from the ever-inspiring Diane Von Furstenberg. She partnered wit Google Glass to show the world first-hand what it’s like to BE DVF, preparing for fashion week with her team, and what it looks like strutting down the runway. Love.
3. Hangout. Google Style: Another awesome fashion-meets-tech highlight for us was when Lyst invited a handful of ladies (a few a which are local SF friends and Poshmark users) to a Google Hangout to ask questions and interact backstage with different designers and industry peeps! This is inpsiring us to host our own Google Hangout in the future for you! Would you attend?!
4. “Get the Look”: We had a blast recreating a few of our favorite Street Style looks from NYFW using Poshmark finds! We will be doing these posts regularly now so be on the look out on how you can find complete looks on the app!
5. Miami here we come! If you heard our teaser announcement on Twitter, then you now know that the Poshmark team is heading to MIAMI! We will be there 9/27 throwing a LIVE Posh Party with some really fab hosts, so be sure to save the date! We’d love to have you join us in person or in the app. Keep a look out for all the details on our blog next week!
Another week, another five things that had us completely blown away with excitement.
1. We heart our community! This is our number one this week because we seriously could not ask for a more passionate, enthusiastic, and supportive community! You guys blow us away more and more each week with your kind words, positive feedback, and passion for Poshmark!
2. Over 10,000 listings at a Posh Party! That’s right. You read it correctly. Our “Hello, Sunshine” Posh Party this week racked in over 10,000 Listings (11,269 to be exact)! So. Much. Fashion. Woo-hoo!
3. Announcing Daytime Posh Parties! For all you earlier birds out there, we thought it would be fun to throw a few additional daytime Posh Parties! Be on the lookout for party invites within the app. You can also always check the ‘Parties’ tab and look out for our messages on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. The next daytime party will be “Tory, Kate, & Becky” at 1pm PST on Sunday, so come join in on the Tory Burch, Kate Spade, and Rebecca Minkoff shopping fiasco! #yesplease
4. Shop Past Parties! Speaking of daytime parties, we hosted our first one earlier this morning. Our “Marc Jacobs & Michael Kors” Posh Party was a huge hit with some seriously amazing listings. Check out and shop all of the clothes, bags and watches here. Don’t forget you can also shop other past parties by tapping the ‘Parties’ tab in the app.
5. P’trique is SO Posh! I don’t think there are enough words for how much the new “Sh*t Fashion Girls Say” video made us laugh (honestly, we’re still watching it on the daily). P’trique does a perfect job of summarizing our love of fashion, tech, and social media in one hilarious and catchy video. Hashtag TotesAmaze. OBVI!
Have a great weekend! xo
Last night we were honored to have some of our Bay Area users and friends stop by the Poshmark office for a little Listing Party! It was so fun to help each other take amazing Covershots, sip a little wine and giggle the night away! Check out some of the pictures from the evening:
PM user SweeetKristen taking the CS for this awesome listing: Leather Envelope Clutch
PM User BlueVanilla taking her CS for this fun listing: Bling Bling Necklace
Check out the rest of the pictures from the event on the Poshmark Facebook!