Did you know that closets with more than 10 listings sell more than those with less? That’s right! One of the secrets to being a successful seller on Poshmark lies in your very own closet.
A full closet is a trustworthy closet
Show potential buyers that you’re serious about Poshing! By regularly adding items to your closet, fellow Poshers will trust not only your style, but they’ll also see you’re active and mean serious fashion business!
Variety is key
Think of your Poshmark closet as a your virtual boutique. The more variety and types of merchandise you have, the likelihood that a potential buyer finds something they want to buy is much higher. Score!
Having amazing pictures in your Poshmark listings is one of the most important parts of creating a great listing. But don’t fret – read these simple tips to make the most out of your photos!
1. Style your Covershot
Your Covershot is the very first photo in your listing – and first impressions definitely count, so be sure to wow potential buyers by including a gorgeous Covershot in your listings! We find that if you wear your item in your Covershot to show how you would style it, the chances of selling your item are much greater.
2. Pick the right setting
Where you take your pictures is as equally important when creating a listing. You want to be sure that what you’re trying to sell is what stands out – not the pile of clothes sitting on your bed in the background!
If you’re taking your photos at home, we suggest picking an area of your house that’s clean, free of clutter, and has natural light beaming through.
3. Take clear, bright photos
One of the most-convenient things about Poshmark is that you can snap the photos for your listing using your phone (easy-breezy!). And while the camera on the phone is pretty amazing, the lighting and coloring of the photos can sometimes be less-than-ideal depending on the environment in which the photos are taken.
This is why snapping your photos in natural lighting is preferred, but we know that’s not always possible. Luckily, there are plenty of apps that will quickly correct the exposure and tone of your pictures, such as Snapseed, Photoshop Express and VSCO Cam.
4. Include a variety of photos
We strongly encourage including as many photos of the item you are trying to sell to give potential buyers a better idea of what the item really looks like from multiple angles. Some ideas of the photos to include in your listings are:
- A clear styled shot of the product on you.
- A full front shot of the product lying flat or against a clean, contrasting surface.
- A full back shot of the product lying flat or against a clean, contrasting surface.
- A detail shot of the product, showing any special details or pointing out any possible minor defects or wear.
Step 1: Listing on Poshmark is simple and free. To start, tap on the ‘sell’ button in the app.
Step 2: Then, either take a new photo or upload an existing photo of the item you wish to sell.
Step 3: Put a bit of your personality in your Covershot (your first photo) with our fun filters. You can also upload up to 3 more photos to help accurately describe your item.
Step 4: Then, take a minute to give your listing a title, description, price, etc. When you are done, tap on ‘Next’, share it with your friends if you wish, and then tap on ‘List’. Remember: you can edit your listing at anytime!
1. You may have heard we are headed to the East Coast to throw not one, but two LIVE Posh Parties! If you are in the Philly or DC area we’d love to meet you! For more information and the official invite, check out our blog posts on the Philly and DC events.
2. Whether you love Betsey Johnson or are just looking for a hot new dress for date night, join us virtually for Posh Parties all weekend!
3. Calling all lovers of Poshmark! If you’re showing off your fabulous new Poshmark purchases on your social media channels, be sure to hashtag it “PoshStyle”. We would love to celebrate your new purchase with you (and maybe even share it!).
4. We’re almost 10,000 strong on Instagram, and the love we receive from our Poshmark community can’t be more apparent than it is on Instagram. Follow us for more gorgeous listings, office style, and our adventures across the country at our live Posh Parties!
5. With temperatures getting to sundress weather this weekend, we’re lusting over Stephanie of Honey & Silk’s cut-out lime dress listing. If you find your closet filled with heavy infinity scarves and layers and layers of winter wear, this dress needs to be yours!
The Poshmark Team
What We Pinned on Pinterest Today:
If you’re loving the looks we pinned, follow us on Pinterest!
Get these inspired styles on Poshmark:
SASSY GRAPHIC TEES
BRIGHT AND BOLD TANGERINE MAXIS
CLASSY BLUE AND WHITE COMBINATIONS
Spotted at PMHQ: Paradise in a dress!
Italy has Romeo and Juliet, Hollywood with Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton, and Nutella paired with about anything. But there hasn’t been a pair trendier and longer lasting than black and red. Nothing screams showstopper more than the editorial trend of black and red. There must be a reason why Louboutin’s most recognizable shoe is a black pump with a red sole.
Upgrade your office wear with these listings:
1. Lace Peplum Top: $17
2. Louboutin Patent Pumps: $700
3. Bolero Jacket: $20
4. Bebe Patent Leather Heels: $75
5. One-Shoulder Dress: $17