Get ready to party for a cause. With Thanksgiving just around the corner, we want to partner with YOU to help those in need. Join us for the Poshmark Gives Thanks Party:
Tuesday, November 20th at 7PM PT
The more you share, the more we give. Poshmark will donate $1 for every 500 shares made during the Posh Party. Proceeds will be donated to Feeding America in efforts to end hunger.
Before we get the party started, help spread the word!
Poshmark will donate $1 for every 500 shares made during the party, up to $10,000. 100% of proceeds will be donated to Feeding America.
Tis’ the season to make it rain in sales! With the holidays around the corner, there’s huge opportunity in setting your closet up for success. Check out these 5 game-changing #PoshTips that will make this time of year your most successful on Poshmark yet!
1. List What Shoppers Are Buying
Think about an easy go-to holiday gift: NWT, non-sized like an accessory. Prepping your closet with items like these will attract holiday shoppers! Try your hand at stocking boutique merchandise by shopping Wholesale on Poshmark.
2. Stock Up on Supplies & Ship Like a Pro
USPS-YES you’ll need to stock up on supplies. Did you know you can order USPS boxes and have them delivered right to your door for FREE?
Another shipping tip: make sure all your listings are package-ready. Get this done ahead of time so that the moment it sells all you have left to do is to box it up. P.s. think about your holiday shoppers. Try adding some fun ribbon to your Posh package or ship with festive polymailers to help spread that holiday cheer.
Reminder: December 20th is the last day USPS will guarantee Poshmark packages will arrive in time for Christmas!
3. Get Social
Share, share, share! Social media is an amazing and powerful way to share your closet. By sharing your closet on social media you will be able to target different markets and drive sales to your Poshmark business!
Bonus tip: Once you have all your items ready to be shipped don’t forget to get take a quick snap of your #PoshPackages and tag us on Instagram!
4. Utilize Posh Bundle to Sweeten the Deal
See people adding to bundle or liking a bunch of listings in your closet? Make them a deal! You can use Posh Bundle to offer private discounts to buyers. Bundles are an easy tool to close sales right away! Check out your buyer’s likes and share items directly to their Bundle to style them and make sales.
5. Do Everything with #PoshLove
Although it’s a busy season always remember to add a little #PoshLove to each sale! Whether it’s a handwritten note or some cute packaging, showing some love will definitely leave a lasting impression.
Find presents in a snap with the Gifts Market—your one-stop shop for gifting this holiday season! From gift guides in your Feed to Showrooms and beyond, every screen is tailored to help you quickly find presents for everyone on your list. Wondering what’s included in the Gifts Market? Think: accessories, jewelry, luggage, makeup, pajamas, robes and more!
To celebrate, we’re offering $5 in Posh Credit when you shop for gifts with Google Pay™—for a limited time only! Simply select Google Pay at checkout and we’ll credit your account for your next purchase.
- Open the Google Pay app on your phone. Don’t see it? Download it here.
- Add your card.
- Voila! You’re all set.
Take the guesswork out of gifting this season—tap the menu on the top left to switch to the Gifts Market and buy with Google Pay now!
P.S. Don’t have an Android device? Shop on Poshmark.com to buy with Google Pay!
Don’t see the feature in app? Be sure to update to the latest version. Update will be available to all users in the coming days. Offer valid on first three Google Pay purchases. Credit is only valid on Poshmark and does not expire. Offer ends 12/31/18 at 11:59 PM PT or while supplies last. See the Poshmark Support Center for more details on what items are included in the Gifts Market.
Grab your party hats—we’re celebrating our 7th birthday in San Francisco! Get ready to pop some bubbly, meet Team Posh, and party with your PFFs. Space is limited, so snag your tickets now to secure a spot at our birthday party.
When: Thursday, December 6th from 7:00 PM – 10:00 PM
Where: 46 Minna (46 Minna St, San Francisco, CA 94105)
What: Cocktails, music, photobooth fun, and more!
Not in the Bay Area? No problem! There are live events all over the country, hosted by YOU—our amazing community.
Take a look at the list of live parties happening to find one in your area:
Birmingham, AL hosted by @poshjeepgirl
Little Rock, AR hosted by @jodisjewelry, @thecatwalk, & @fairhoverfear07
Chula Vista, CA hosted by @noy2312, @graciaram, & @mz_ovidia
Escondido, CA hosted by @mimisdbest & @catherez2003
Etiwanda, CA hosted by @joyamarino
Long Beach, CA hosted by @mouseam
Los Angeles, CA hosted by @bellanblue & @tanyakara
Newport Beach, CA hosted by @jill555
Orange County, CA hosted by @mizfabulousity, @jgbravo, & @krangele
San Diego, CA hosted by @jenn_sd, cageyscloset, & @spottedladybug
Denver, CO hosted by @ex_globetrotter, @darkhorsegoods and @aspenrise
Loveland, CO hosted by @lynemma, @shopwitheileen, & @wildarrow
Westminster, CO hosted by @lavenderfields7 & @mintmoose
Glastonbury, CT hosted by @shopnccloset
Milford, CT hosted by @curation_nation & @360vintagecoll
Hollywood, FL hosted by @jennpages
LaBelle, FL hosted by @sofisticata
Ormond Beach, FL hosted by @door4 & @bag_lady_1
Atlanta, GA hosted by@bvmarket
Chicago, IL hosted by @thread_maven, @thefancyllama, @gumlets, & @suitcasegoals
Midlothian, IL hosted by @reckless_resale & @eventidemarket
Baton Rouge, LA hosted by @janis_marie & @mildreddn
Glen Burnie, MD hosted by @styledbysamona & @rjrkbythebay
Detroit, MI hosted by @bsociale
Sterling Heights, MI hosted by @katjo & @dkn35
Minneapolis, MN hosted by @acaligirlinmn & @millyandmonica
Kansas City, MO hosted by @foundforyou
St. Louis, MO hosted by @pepperrican & @hertrendycloset
Las Vegas, NV hosted by @kimcity & @vthcloset
Syracuse, NY hosted by @queensa & @kkowitski
Portland, OR hosted by @kirstir & @gordomom
Philadelphia, PA hosted by @violet507, @merfnyc, & @cocoskin86
Pittsburgh, PA hosted by @906blackice & @reallysuchalady
Sioux Falls, SD hosted by @penelopejean & @mommab33
Chattanooga, TN hosted by @watkinsashley & @tomatocakes
Dallas, TX hosted by @goldenpolkadot
Austin, TX hosted by @everydeystyle & @ juliannenicole
Seattle, WA hosted by @cchow19, @travelinggirl68, & @empower_elle
Spokane, WA hosted by @angelzboutique, @courtneyxxliz, & @recapstyle
Vancouver, WA hosted by @doodleposh
Milwaukee, WI hosted by @flowersandgray
Don’t see one in a city near you? Stay tuned as we’ll be adding more parties to the list!
October was a major month for Posh N Sips! We also had a blast Posh N Sip’n with y’all during PoshFest. Major kudos to @mizfabulousiy & @fashionista21 for being the first hosts in Posh N Sip history to reach their 5th Milestone!
Check out the photos from this month’s Posh N Sips below:
These Poshers are spreading the word about Poshmark while earning referral credits, becoming Poshmark influencers, and, of course, getting their hands on exclusive Posh swag – including a special host thank you gift!
Interested in hosting your own Posh N Sip? Reach out to us at email@example.com to see how we can help promote your get together!
Thinking about making Poshmark your full-time hustle? Poshmark’s leaders and Seller Stylists joined forces at PoshFest to share their secrets to success.
- Balance your books Take the time to calculate how much profit you need to make per day in order to go full-time. Once you start hitting that number it becomes a no-brainer.
- Organize your inventory. The more sales you make, the more important it becomes to find inventory quickly. Create a system—shoe racks, bins, clothing racks, etc.—whatever works for you.
- Buy things that sell quickly. If you’re limited in terms how much inventory you can hold, focus on buying things that you know will move quickly.
- Competitive prices. Everyone wants a good deal, so make sure that your prices are in line with what you’re seeing for similar items on Poshmark.
- Batching is key. Listing is critical to your success on Poshmark, so taking all your pictures and measurements in one sitting will save you time in the long run.
- Designate time for shipping. As your business grows, sometimes it can be difficult to keep up with shipping. Designating the afternoons or even an entire day to just shipping is key.
- Pick a software to keep track of finances. If you’re thinking about going full-time in the near future, the sooner you get started entering information into a financial software the better.
- Sharing is caring. The more you share, the more sales you’re likely to make. Our VP of Data Science & Analytics, Barkha Saxena, mentioned that sharing 10 or more times per day can increase your chances of making a sale by 50%.
- Double down on what you do best. LyAnn Chhay, our SVP of Community, recommends focusing on your strengths instead of your weaknesses. It’s so easy to get caught up in comparing ourselves to others, but when we stop criticizing ourselves that’s when we can truly excel.
Want more? Check out our Facebook page for more exclusive content.
Want to grow your Poshmark business into a six-figure empire? Marketing pros at PoshFest shared some strategies to help you build your brand and reach more buyers:
- Marketing is how you build awareness; branding is WHO YOU ARE. Branding should be at the core of your marketing strategy—it builds loyalty and trust and is a big part of the end-to-end customer experience. Decide how you want your buyers to feel when they shop your closet (think inspired, delighted, excited) and bake that into everything from your Covershots to your packaging to your customer service strategy.
- Build relationships to turn new buyers into repeat customers. Stock your closet with your buyers in mind. Every time you list new inventory, check out what buyers have purchased from you in the past and share items that fit their style and ask for feedback on your suggestions.
Add your buyer’s likes to a Posh Bundle. Immediately after someone likes and item, add it to a Bundle and send them your best offer. Even if your buyer doesn’t accept, your styling activity is shared to the Feed, so the more you style, the more your closet will be featured to potential buyers.
Expand your reach with Posh Markets. Shoppers can tailor their shopping experience to what they’re looking for with this amazing feature. The more Markets you list in, the bigger your reach.
Turn your likes into sales with Offer to Likers. Remember the more offers you send out, the more sales you’ll make—especially on Make a Deal Days. Keep in mind Make a Deal Days, Closet Clear Out, and Love or List Challenge are made to help you sell more, so take advantage of them.
- Dive into the data. Use My Sales Report to understand what brands, categories, and trends are popular in different areas of the U.S. What might not be popular where you live, maybe very popular somewhere else and vice versa.
- Pass out goodies with your branding on them. Create pens, stickers, notebooks, and/or flyers with your branding on it and pass them out at college campuses or other public spaces to increase brand awareness.
- Share your knowledge on social media. From sourcing to sharing strategies, there’s tons of opportunities for content creation. Love trying out new features? Tips on new Poshmark tools are also incredibly popular.
Want more? Check out our Facebook page for more exclusive content.