If you’ve ever attended a Posh Party in the app you know how fun they can be! Not only do you get to shop for and sell clothing and accessories under different themes every night of the week, but they’re also a great way to interact with the Poshmark community and discover new products and sellers across the country. With all that fun comes a few tips and tricks (as well as proper Party etiquette) that we want to share with you to give you and the rest of the Posh Party goers the best possible experience.
1. Plan out what you want to list! Make sure you visit our blog every Monday to see what parties we have in store for you for the week and check the “Parties” tab in the app. That way you can get your listings ready ahead of time. Refer to this post to get our tips on how to take great photos!
2. Share your themed listings to the party. We suggest doing this gradually throughout the party so that your listings get seen and appreciated. But please remember to share only those listings that fall within the theme of the party!
3. Interact with the Poshmark community! There are so many amazing women on Poshmark, so feel free to show them some love and “like” their listings or leave comments. Go ahead and spread the love!
4. Keep promotional messages and “Tweegrams” to a minimum. Although we love the interactions and fun sales you have, the Posh Party is a tool to promote your themed items, so please don’t clog the feed with promotional messages.
5. Last but definitely not least, have fun! Get your girlfriends together, grab a few snacks (and cocktails!), and shop away! Or if you prefer, join the party from the comfort of your couch. 🙂
You’ve taken the time to create your listings, now you’re wondering, “how am I going to get my items sold?” Not to worry ladies! Here are just a few Posh Tips on how we can move your inventory and get you one step closer to getting that Rebecca Minkoff bag you’ve been eyeing!
Posh Tip #1:Take some time to create a beautiful listing. Let’s face it ladies, no one really wants to see a dark photo of a wrinkled skirt on a messy bed. Take the time to iron your item if it’s wrinkled, clear out the space where you’re photographing, and preferably, put the item on if you can. People generally want to see what the item looks like on to see the fit, cut, etc, so that always helps!
Posh Tip #2:Attend Posh Parties! This is a great way of promoting your listings to a wider audience. Want to sell that polka dot dress? Attend the “Prints & Patterns” posh party and share your listing then. Just make sure you stick to theme!
Posh Tip #3:Be Responsive! Someone is ready to buy your Steve Madden Booties. But as a last step before making the purchase, the user asks you to take a pic of the bottom of the shoes to see the wear. Try to be as responsive as possible. Can’t take the photo until tonight when you’re off from work? Let them know! This will not only potentially create a sale for you, but you’ll also get a happy user who will be appreciative of your responsiveness and possibly be a repeat customer!
Happy Poshmarking! And here’s to getting your listing(s) with a red SOLD banner on it! 😉
Let’s not deny it: we’re suckers for good packaging! That’s why we’re sharing this Posh Tip on how to personalize your Poshmark sale before it goes out the door!
Think about it—how many times are you impressed with how your new purchase is delivered as you are with the actual item inside the box? With just a few extra touches, you’ll guarantee a smile on your buyer’s face (and possibly convert them into a repeat customer)!
What you’ll need: Tissue paper, ribbon, thank you cards, and anything else you’d like to help spice up the package such as stickers, stamps, business cards, etc.
Package your items:
Neatly fold and wrap the item up in tissue paper to ensure the item stays put during transit.
Double-check to make sure you’re sending your item to the correct person if you’re shipping out multiple packages.
Include a hand-written thank you note. We suggest choosing stationery (or creating your own) that reflects your personality. Classic, fashion-forward, loud—the options are endless, but the results are always the same: a very happy buyer!
Voila! You’re sure to make someone’s day with your personalized Poshmark package!
Creating an awesome Covershot is always helpful to get your item sold. Here are three different types of Covershots we’ve seen work well within the community!
1) The “I’m so lucky to have a photog help me” Covershot. If you’re fortunate enough to be this person, here’s our Posh Tip: Go outdoors! Lighting is so crucial to getting a good photo. Best time to take a picture? Golden hour, just when the sun is just about to set. Here are some great examples of some Seller Stylistswho’ve taken their Covershots outdoors:
2) Next, we have the “Modeled Covershot.” This is when you don’t have a photog handy, but still want to have an eye-catching listing.
Posh Tip: Make sure you have decent lighting and be sure to angle your camera just enough so that you can get a good shot of what you’re trying to sell. Here are some great examples of a few mirror selfie gems:
3) Lastly, the flat lay. This is when you want to do a listing, but don’t have the energy to put the item on. (C’mon, we’ve all been there!) We’ve seen some really awesome items styled together, and guess what? They sell! We’re finding that giving some style inspiration to the Covershot is super helpful.
Posh Tip: Keep it simple. We find that when there are too many pieces, it can be distracting and actually take away from what you’re trying to highlight. Here are some great examples of some styled Covershots: