PoshFest is right around the corner, so we wanted to take a second to give a shout out to our our AMAZING sponsors for making this year’s PoshFest possible! We couldn’t have done it without your support. Be sure to check out their booths and take full advantage of the awesome goodies in your swag bags.
We’re counting down to the BIGGEST PoshFest ever with tips on how to prep—straight from Team Posh! From outfits to networking, we’ve got the 411 on everything you need to kill it during PoshFest weekend.
Looking for outfits, but not sure where to start? Adiel (@rosegoldlining) is here with closet shopping tips to help you find the perfect look.
- Shop Just In. Strike listing gold by filtering by “Just In” and shopping your PFFs’ closets.
- Check out Showrooms. Our Merchandising team curates Showrooms on the regular, check them out to discover new closets carrying the trendiest items.
- Try Posh Now. This handy feature is located at the top of your Shop tab and helps you snag the latest listings from closets you follow!
Now that you’ve found some great closets, we’ve got the download from Amanda (@theamandaweiss) on how to put together a PoshFest worthy outfit.
- Comfort is key. PoshFest is a jam packed weekend so I start my outfits from the bottom to the top with my shoes to ensure I will be comfortable and make it through the weekend. I look for either a stacked heel, a funky sneaker, or an embellished bootie to keep me stylishly strolling from day to night.
- Make a statement. I like to think of PoshFest as the Oscars of Poshmark so what better time to go bold! For each outfit I always like to pick something that stands out like a bright color (like this hot pink blazer in this pic that I scored on Posh!), a statement earring, fun print or something embellished with studs, fringe or sparkles!
- Be yourself. My favorite part about Poshmark is our amazing, unique community and everyone’s personal take on fashion and style is so fun. Wear what makes you feel amazing, confident and like a million bucks! The best thing that finishes any look? A smile! #workit
So you know what you’re wearing, but what else will you need to capture those insta-worthy moments? Caitlin (@caitbela) has got the deets on suitcase must-haves!
- Ditch the extra baggage. I’m a big fan of a belt bag or small crossbody—why? Makes capturing content and juggling my phone that much easier!
- Portable chargers are a must. From all the sharing you’re about to do on social (using #PoshFest2018, duh!) you’re going to need an extra boost to last all day capturing that content gold.
- Take note. Lastly, I recommend bringing something to take notes with (like a notebook and pen or an iPad!). You’re gonna be learning all the #PoshTips!
Network, network, network. Check out Kelly’s (@kellygroves) tips to make networking a breeze.
- Determine your goals for PoshFest. Networking events like PoshFest can oftentimes be overwhelming as you interact with so many people, so I always take time to think through who I want to meet, and what I want to achieve so I can optimize my time once I’m there. Pro tip: check out the PoshFest agenda to see which panels you find most interesting and which speakers you’d like to connect with!
- Prepare talking points. Create three compelling talking points about your Poshmark business, such as the inspiring story behind why you joined Poshmark,how you’re scaling your business, and how you connect one-on-one with shoppers to curate an awesome experience for them based on their preferences.
- Bring business cards. Totally optional but these can come in handy with all the networking! Pro tip: add your closet name to your business card so others can find you on Poshmark!
PoshFest newcomer? So, is Camille (@camveronica)! Find out how she’s prepping to make the most of her very first PoshFest.
- Spread the Posh Love. I’m thrilled to meet our community IRL, so I’ve been following Poshers who are speaking at and coming to PoshFest!
- Make a game plan. There are so many exciting sessions this year! As a long time Posher, I’m figuring out my must-see panels and breakout sessions ahead of time.
- Get excited to meet brands at PoshFest! My role at PoshFest this year is planning ways for Boutiques to connect, support each other, and grow their businesses! I’m especially excited for our new one-on-ones for brands! This will give Seller Stylists the opportunity to make private appointments with brands to receive personalized styling advice for their boutiques. Stay tuned for more info.
Want more info? Find out what’s in store for PoshFest! Check out the agenda now.
At this year’s PoshMARKET, 20 of our brand partners were present to give a sneak peek of the merchandise from their latest collections. That’s right, Seller Stylists were able to check out the swoon-worthy styles all while building relationships with our amazing Wholesale brands during the event!
PoshFest wouldn’t have been the same (or as stylish) without our brand there. Special thank you to these amazing partners:
atidclothing | callahan_pm | gilliclothing | lelis_pm | nakedzebra | sweetrain_pm | infintiyraine |mystree | t_jdesigns | bondhu_pm | pinkhaley_pm | swankycoconut | kyootklothing | mabellachic_pm| Twilightgypsyco | shopwila | womanstouch
Speaking of brands that make you dance…
During the Saturday evening Posh Party,the PoshMARKET brands also hit the runway at our 2nd annual Posh Party fashion show. We had community members and Team Posh work the catwalk with DJ Miss Megs on the turntables and they SHUT. IT. DOWN.
Look by WILA
Our founder & CEO, Manish Chandra
Look by Kyoot Klothing
Look by Stitch Note
Interested in how to get started with Wholesale but missed PoshMARKET? Check out how to get your boutique started on Poshmark today!
The State of the Posh Union happens every year at PoshFest with our fearless leader, Founder & CEO, Manish Chandra, sharing the story of just how far we’ve come together along with some big updates coming to Poshmark in the future. This year did not disappoint as he had the crowd (and let’s be honest, us too) on the edge our seats waiting to hear the exciting news!
To start, he touched on some of Poshmark’s core values…
Poshmark is All About Spreading the LOVE
This year’s PoshFest was a special one — and not to mention our first-ever SOLD OUT event. PoshFest wouldn’t be what it is without our amazing community of Seller Stylists.
Together We GROW
Poshmark started in a garage way back when in 2011 and now we’re here with over 3 MILLION Seller Stylists on the platform. #NBD
By the numbers:
- There are over 100 listings created every minute
- Over 60 offers are made every minute
- A sale is made every two seconds
- 7 million shares a day (Last time this year, we were sharing 4 million times a day. Can you say WOW?!)
You Asked, We Listened. These features came in just this past year:
But wait, there’s more! Here’s all the exciting updates to look forward to:
- Flat Rate boxes: Soon you’ll be able to use any box to ship your #PoshPackages, thanks to our latest partnership with USPS.
- Stylist Match: You might have seen a little experiment we ran a few weeks ago asking the community if they wanted to get styled. It generated a lot of interest so we will begin experimenting soon by asking new and existing shoppers if they’d like to get styled for a specific occasion, then match them with our community of Seller Stylists, like you, to style each shopper for their occasion.
- New Seller Dispute Process: We’re revamping the seller dispute process to give you a voice in your cases.
- Posh Ambassador: We launched the Posh Ambassador program, and it’s all about, you guessed it, YOU! We’re constantly building new features and making improvements with love, people and growth in mind. Find out more about the Posh Ambassador program, the natural evolution of the Suggested User program, built with the same approach here
- We’ve updated our matching algorithms.
- We’ve built the Posh Ambassador program into the app.
- And, as a Suggested User, you’re automatically included in the new Posh Ambassador program.
- Brand New Home Page: The updated web redesign is all about you, tailored specifically to amplify your brand, increasing purchases per visitor. Best of all, you can now list on the web, further simplifying the listing process so you can sell anywhere, from any platform.
The Future is Bright
In Manish’s words,
“We’re growing at rapid speed — but we’re not growing alone, we’re growing together. And at the heart of everything we do, is the acknowledgment that we’re all a little weird. And when we embrace our weirdness, it frees us to accept each other. So I challenge you to embark on this journey with me, paving the way for the next ten years, by embracing your weirdness, leading with love, focusing on people and growing together. The future is bright, because in the words of one of my favorite music artists, Drake, “We started from the bottom and now we’re here!””
Catch part of the State of the Posh Union on our Facebook:
Want to know how to take your Poshmark business to the next level? Marketing and branding are the keys to success! We had some marketing mavens and branding all-stars share their tips and tricks at PoshFest, read on to learn more!
Think of marketing in three areas to help your business hit different goals:
How to attract new customers and grow your current business
- New arrivals lists: create a listing in your closet as a place to tag and let your customers know when you’ve uploaded new merchandise.
- Build relationships with repeat customers: Notice someone has been repeat-buying from your closet? Reach out and build a stronger connection!
- Outbound communication: Get your closet name out there! Not only in the app, but out there in the world of social media as well! *stay tuned for an upcoming blog post on this*|
#PoshTip: “I share my sold listings to catch eyes of new customers and reassure them I’m a great seller!” –@theamandaweiss
How to use the marketing tools built into Poshmark to leverage the existing community
- Sharing to Posh Parties: Take note of when our daily Posh Parties are happening. Sharing to these parties will gain increased exposure for your listings.
- Utilizing the Dressing Room: Take our shiny new feature, the Dressing Room, for a spin! There you can style your buyers, offer them private bundle discounts, and more.
- Price Drop Notification Strategy: Wait until your listing hits critical mass aka you’ve built up your likes, then drop the price at strategic times to trigger a price drop notification.
Brand & Content Marketing:
How to find your niche and building a brand that people recognize & love (As @katjo says, “marketing is the push, branding is the pull!”)
In need of a dose of inspiration? Look no further, our resident girl boss and co-founder, Tracy Sun, took the stage at PoshFest 2017 to deliver just that.
A little about Tracy Sun:
Tracy is from NYC and started her career in neuroscience (and now she’s a leader in fashion-tech?! #girlboss). She came to Silicon Valley with an interest in fashion and technology and soon met Poshmark’s CEO, Manish Chandra, through a mutual friend. With two others, Gautam and Chetan, the four founded Poshmark out of garage in 2011. She’s learned a lot on her path of co-founding Poshmark, which she shared with PoshFest attendees during her inspirational keynote speech.
Three Lessons we Learned from Tracy:
Just do it: When you have a daunting task in front of you, just get started. It’s mind over matter. Being scared is normal, I do things that scare me every day.
You will fall down, but you must get back up: There’s a common myth that no one told me was wrong, “you can’t fail.” Sometimes you fail multiple times in one day. You will fail, and you will fail often. If you’re not failing, you’re not pushing hard enough. Just because you didn’t make that sale today, it doesn’t mean there won’t be 10 more tomorrow. The key is to just keep going — success doesn’t happen overnight. Don’t be afraid of failure — we all fail, but it’s the ones that get back up who succeed.
If you don’t believe in yourself, who will?: You have to believe in your idea more than anybody out there. If you want to start a business, you have to believe it. I know the journey you’re on is really hard, believe in yourself, but also lean on one another. You’re not alone in this —that’s the beauty in this community!
Catch part of Tracy’s keynote presentation here:
The Poshmark engineering team unveiled not one, not two…BUT FOUR new features recommended by YOU at this year’s PoshFest and we couldn’t be more excited about them. Read on to learn about each of these features, coming your way soon!
Your Closet Clear Out woes are no more! Ever forget your lowest historical price (aka the sweet spot you need to hit to trigger discounted shipping)?! Now, that’s a thing of the past—with this tool you’ll be able to automatically calculate what’s 10% off your lowest price.
Sharing just got quicker! When you press & hold your finger on a listing, the mini menu that pops up will soon include a single tap to share!
Get ready all you power Poshers, once you fill out your listing title, we’ll automagically fill in category, subcategory, color, and brand for you! This will be launched on the web listing feature and will work it’s way to the app.
A new feature to help you close that deal! When offering private discounts in The Dressing Room, sellers will soon be able to offer discounted shipping as well.. UM, yes!
Stay tuned, these features are coming to the app over the coming weeks. We’ll be sure to keep you posted!