Posh N Coffee: Holiday Edition, is a series of events hosted by Posh Ambassadors that are geared towards helping Poshers prep their closets for the holiday season and new year.
We can’t wait for you to host! Get started with the instructions below:
Set-Up Your Posh N Coffee: Holiday Edition Event
Meet with Your Co-Host(s)
- It’s important to connect with anyone you plan to host with and chat before the event. If you choose to host your event by yourself, that works too!
Select Your Event Location
- If you’re hosting your event in-person, be sure to share the location details on your event page.
- If you’re hosting your event virtually, select a virtual platform to meet on and provide instructions to your attendees for joining.
- Here are some options you can explore:
- Create Your Virtual Meeting Link
- After you select a platform, create and save your virtual meeting link to share with your attendees. It is also a good idea to test the link beforehand to ensure it is working correctly prior to the start of your event.
Review the Agenda and Discussion Topics
- During your Posh N Coffee: Holiday Edition event, you’ll facilitate a discussion for Poshers of all experience levels. Check out the agenda, quarterly themes and discussion topics listed below in the guide. If you have any questions, you can always reach out to Team Posh Canada at email@example.com
Promote Your Posh N Coffee: Holiday Edition Event
Using your own social media channels and Poshmark closet to promote your event is a great way to drive attendees! Below are some ways you can spread the word about your event:
Create an Event Listing in Your Poshmark Closet
- Step 1: Download this listing image.
- Step 2: Include the date/time of your event and the link to the event page in the description of the listing.
- Step 3: Share your listing as much as possible.
- Step 4: Tag @pm_editor_ca in comment on the listing so we can help spread the word.
Invite New Poshers
- Step 1: Head to the Poshmark app.
- Step 2: Navigate to Find People > New People.
- Step 3: Select a closet from the Fresh Closets tab > tap About > Meet the Posher.
- Step 4: Leave a comment inviting the new Posher to attend your event and encourage them to bring a friend!
Share on Your Posh Story
- Step 1: Download the Posh Stories template to your phone and head over to the Poshmark app.
- Step 2: Scroll down in the Feed to find Posh Stories.
- Step 3: Tap your Profile Photo with the (+) sign icon.
- Step 4: Select to upload the template you downloaded.
- Step 5: Add text by tapping and tag people by selecting at the top of the screen.
- Step 6: Post your Story by tapping at the bottom of the screen.
- Step 7: Want to share more than just the template? Posh Stories is a great way to reach your followers, so feel free to share anything else you’d like. Questions? Check out this guide.
Post on Your Instagram or Facebook
- When you post on social media, be sure to use #PoshNCoffee and tag @poshmarkcanada for a chance to be featured. Not sure what to post? Here are a few ideas:
- Share a behind-the-scenes look at how you’re prepping for your event. Feel free to add a countdown timer to let your followers know how soon your event is happening.
- Try using the Posh Stories template to your Instagram or Facebook story to encourage your followers to attend.
Poshmark is invested in helping to make your event successful, so we’ll be:
- Showcasing your event on the Posh N Coffee website.
- Sending out marketing to help encourage Poshers to attend.
- Sharing your Poshmark event listing to the entire community through @pm_editor_ca.
- If you’re hosting your Posh N Coffee: Holiday Edition event virtually, share the virtual platform link.
– Introduce yourself.
– Introduce the discussion topic.
– Have your attendees introduce themselves and share how long they’ve been on Poshmark.
Dive into the topic of the month. Please note, discussion topics are listed below.
– Help guide the conversation using the monthly topic and discussion questions outlined below.
– Encourage others to speak from their experience and share their stories and ask questions.
– Feel free to show any examples by clicking Share Screen at the bottom of your Messenger Room on the web.
Tips for moderating the discussion.
– Try your best to redirect the conversation back to the monthly topic.
– Share a positive perspective to help steer the conversation in a different direction.
– Validate the Posher’s emotions and encourage them to reach out to Team Posh:
I hear you and your feelings are valid. Since we don’t have a lot of time together, I ask that we keep the discussion as close to the topic as possible. Feel free to provide any specific feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org. I’d like to shift gears back to the monthly topic.
Chat with your attendees and spend the rest of the time getting to know one another!
– Take a group photo by taking a screenshot.
– Let your attendees know if you are hosting more Posh N Coffee events.
Tell your attendees that Team Posh wants to hear from them.
– As your event is wrapping up, please mention that you’ll be sharing a link to a survey on the event page.
Thanks so much for taking the time to host a Posh N Coffee: Holiday Edition event—we hope you enjoyed spending time mentoring your fellow Poshers. After your event:
- Remind your attendees to fill out the event survey. Example here:
- Share with Team Posh your Posh N Coffee: Holiday Edition experience! Your response will be used to help elevate Posh N Coffee: Holiday Edition events for the Poshmark community. Fill out this quick survey: http://bit.ly/CACommEventsAttendeeSurvey
- Fill out this quick host survey to provide any feedback and let us know how we can further support you and other Posh N Coffee hosts and receive Posh Party host picks from Team Posh Canada.
- Apply to host another community-hosted event. Submit your application here.
Monthly Discussion Topics
You’ll facilitate a discussion around the monthly topics below for Poshers of all experience levels.
October: Trend Forecasting & Sourcing for the Holiday Season
- With the holidays quickly approaching, it’s important to start thinking about what items you want to list. Share some strategies you use to predict what shoppers will be on the hunt for this holiday season.
- Ask the group, for the holiday season:
- How far in advance do you usually prepare?
- How do you use the Trends feature to help source?
- What tools or resources do you use to help you forecast trends? If so, what are they?
- How will you use this year’s Holiday Trend Report to help prepare your closet?
- Do you see any changes in demand for certain inventory during?
- How do you determine what items to sell?
- Do you use My Sales Report to help you see what items you sold last holiday season?
- Where do you get items to list? Do you have any favourite or unexpected places where you source items?
- What are some other things you consider when sourcing seasonal inventory?
- With the launch of Posh Shows, who’s been able to go live? Any advice for those who have yet to host their own? If you don’t have that capability yet, how can you still take advantage of the feature?
- Ask the group, for the holiday season:
November: How to Prep Your Closet for Secondhand Sunday
- From stocking up on season-specific packaging, to developing a plan for what deals you want to offer, get ready for Secondhand Sunday. Secondhand Sunday is the first-ever holiday dedicated to supporting secondhand sellers, circular fashion, and the planet, during the peak holiday shopping season.
- Ask the group:
- Has everyone heard of Secondhand Sunday? Visit the website to learn more and share your story for a chance to be featured.
- How can you encourage shoppers to purchase secondhand gifts this season?
- How will you inspire others to shop and sell secondhand?
- How do you plan on stocking your closet for Secondhand Sunday?
- How will you use data from the Holiday Trend Report to prep your closet for the holidays and Secondhand Sunday?
- Do you plan to run any closet sales or discounts on Secondhand Sunday?
- How will you organize and keep track of your inventory?
- Do you create any gift guides for your shoppers to help navigate gift-buying?
- Do you package your sales differently during the holiday season?
- Ask the group:
December: Planning & Goal Setting for the New Year
- Planning and goal setting is key to identifying what you want to accomplish in the coming year. Share what you are proud of achieving this year and one goal you’re considering setting for next year. Try using the 2022 Holiday Trend Report to help drive the conversation for the next year.
- Ask the group:
- Do you make plans and set goals for your business? If so, what are some strategies you have found helpful?
- Do you make sure your goals are SMART (specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, time-related)?
- How long do you give yourself to accomplish a goal?
- How do you monitor and review the progress of your goals? Do you use tools like My Sales Report?
- How do you stay motivated to reach your goals?
- Are there any ways that you help motivate your PFFs to reach their goals?
- Ask the group: