The human and economic toll of the COVID-19 pandemic has been inconceivable on so many levels. As many of us have sheltered in place, countless people have answered the call of duty to keep us all safe, feed and support the most vulnerable, and provide essential services during this unprecedented time. Members of the Poshmark community are among those on the front lines and we’re incredibly grateful for their service.
Today and throughout the week, we’ll be honoring frontline workers for their tireless efforts. We encourage you to join us by tagging and thanking people you know who are working hard on the front lines. We’ll also be donating $150,000 this week across a number of non-profit organizations that support frontline workers on behalf of the entire Poshmark community:
- Monday, May 11 — We honor the people working tirelessly at food banks across the U.S. and Canada to fight hunger and food insecurity. We are eternally grateful. We’re donating $25,000 in local currency to both Feeding America and Food Banks Canada.
- Tuesday, May 12 — We honor the nurses who protect and care for us, and we celebrate them on International Nurses Day. We’re donating $25,000 to Direct Relief, an organization providing personal protective equipment and essential medical items to health workers.
- Wednesday, May 13 — We thank all of the teachers who are helping to keep our children learning and thriving in these challenging times. We’re donating $25,000 to DonorsChoose to help teachers get the books, food, basic supplies, and arts and crafts materials they need to keep children learning at home.
- Thursday, May 14 — We’re grateful for the doctors who are providing vital medical aid where it’s needed most. To show our gratitude, we’re making a donation of $25,000 to Doctors Without Borders in support of the COVID-19 pandemic response effort.
- Friday, May 15 — We thank restaurant workers who are serving food to frontline workers and vulnerable communities. We’re donating $25,000 to the World Central Kitchen #ChefsforAmerica initiative.
From the bottom of our hearts, thank you frontline workers for everything you’re doing for us.