Has your inventory taken over your living room? Is your death pile growing out of control? Don’t worry, we’re here to give you tips and tricks on the best ways to store and organize your inventory. In this guide, we’ll be sharing all the ways you can optimize your space, how to efficiently label your items, and what Poshmark tools you can use to stay organized.
Organize Your Inventory
We know all too well how much inventory can invade your space (we can’t even keep our own closets clean!), so how can you store your items efficiently and effectively? Read on to see our tips on how to keep your inventory organized.
A popular tip that a lot of sellers love to use is the bin method. Packing your items in bins gives you a designated place for your inventory, allowing you to separate your personal items from your items for sale. The way you organize your bins is up to you—you can organize by type of item (i.e. tops, pants, accessories), date listed, categories (i.e. Women, Men, Kids’, Luxury), and more.
On a recent Level Up LIVE, @beckypark shares her method when it comes to storing her inventory: “I have numbered bins where I store the items and each bin has a corresponding spreadsheet. Once an item has been listed, I’ll store the item in a gallon bag that is numbered and place it in a bin. Later, I’ll dedicate time to updating my spreadsheets with the new items placed in a bin.”
Posh Tip: Skip the rummaging around, clear bins makes it easier to see what’s inside!
Clothing racks are another great way to store your items, keep seasonally relevant items front and center, and remember which item needs photographing. They also look cute in an Instagram photo, just sayin’.
No matter what method you go for, do what works best for you! Everyone’s system is different and sometimes it takes a little experimenting to find a process that fits your life.
Properly Labeling Saves Time
Once you’ve organized your items in bins, make sure to label them. Whether it’s the name of the category, a number that corresponds to a spreadsheet, or however you organized your bins, sticking a label on it ensures you know which bin you’re looking at and helps you save time so you can grab your items quickly.
Other Helpful Tools
Your inventory is in bins, your bins are labeled—what’s next? If you’re someone who loves to be extremely organized or you have tons of inventory, keeping track of your inventory via spreadsheet or notebook is another popular system used by Poshers. What information you jot down is up to you, but some things you may want to consider noting are details like how much you bought it for, what bin it’s located in, listing date, etc.
Use My Inventory Report
Did you know that Poshmark has an inventory management tool made just for you? My Inventory Report provides valuable information about your inventory and helps you keep track of all your listings in one place.
To find your report, head to the Account Tab on the app. Scroll down and select My Seller Tools which will then bring you to My Inventory Report. Just tap the button to have the report emailed to you.
How to Read Your Report
Once you have your report, you’ll be able to see all the elements detailed below.
- Listing Date* – Keep track of the exact date you listed an item in your closet.
- Numbers of days listed – Keep tabs on how many days your item has been listed and use Offer to Likers or price drop to increase your chance of making a sale by 80-90%.
- SKU – Add a unique code to each listing to easily stay on top of your inventory.
- Item Description – Learn how to take your listing title, department, category and more to the next level.
- Likes – See an item’s Like history.
- Cost Price (optional) – Keep track of your profit by noting the original amount you paid for the listing.
- Lowest Listing Price – The lowest price you’ve ever listed the item.
- Current Listing Price – The current price of an item.
- Any additional private info – This is the information you placed in the Private Listing Fields (potential buyers are not able to see this)
*One thing to note, only listings that are available are shown!