PoshFest 2019 was one for the books. From hearing your inspiring stories to learning about all the NEW features coming out, there were so many exciting and notable moments during our biggest PoshFest ever. Couldn’t make it? No problem! We’re breaking down all the key takeaways from each session right here.
State of the Posh Union
Wondering what’s next for Poshmark? We got the inside scoop from our fearless leader, Manish Chandra, during the annual State of the Posh Union. “In the last seven years, not only have we changed retail but each one of you has gone out and re-invented retail in a big way…and the world is starting to recognize it.” Manish also touched on some major accomplishments from the past year including the launch of Canada and the Home Market. To top it off, there was a special (virtual) appearance from our very own Poshmark board member, Serena Williams.
We’re constantly striving to create technology to help you make more sales and shop smarter. This year, we announced a couple of NEW features that will be coming out soon including:
- Posh Stories. Soon, you’ll be able to film and post short videos right on Poshmark. This feature will help showcase your brand and style in a fresh new way.
- My Inventory Report. This seller tool will help you to take a closer look at your current inventory and manage it more closely. You’ll be able to see the cost price, days listed, and more for each of your listings.
There were also tons of tips and tricks shared around existing features:
- Posh Markets. Markets are a great way to reach new shoppers and grow your business. Simply share your listings and the product will surface them to the most relevant, high-intent buyers in each respective Market.
- Posh Bundle. Bundles are now social, making it easier than ever to chat with your shoppers. Bundles are 2 times more likely to sell when you leave a comment.
- Offer to Likers and Price Drops. The more offers you make, the more likely you are to make a sale—especially during Closet Clear Out and Make a Deal Days.
- My Sales Report. This report provides you with endless insights into your business. For example, you can use the data to figure out where the majority of your shoppers are located and develop a strategy around the ideal time to send offers.
- Showrooms. Whether you’re a pro at sourcing inventory or just starting out, showrooms are a great way to get an idea of what brands and items are trending.
Build Your Brand Outside of Poshmark
In today’s ever-changing digital world, the power of building a cohesive brand and perfecting your content strategy can completely change the way you run your business. We heard from multiple Poshers who have taken their digital footprint to the next level. Learn more by checking out session recaps below.
- Discoverability. It’s important to have relevant YouTube titles, descriptions, thumbnails, keywords, and Instagram hashtags to make sure that you’re reaching the right audience.
- Content Marketing. Whether your content is educational, inspirational, or entertaining, make sure your message resonates with your audience.
- Consistency. Do your best to post at a regular time and day. If you’re finding it hard to stay consistent, using a scheduling platform and figuring out a cadence that works for you is a good start.
Easy Ways to Level Up Your Business
Want to take your Poshmark business to the next level? We learned firsthand from Posh Bosses on what strategies they use to grow their businesses.
- Covershots. Take the time to edit the brightness, contrast, and clarity of your photos, so that your listings stand out.
- Listing Description. When your listing’s description contains more than 100 words, the likelihood of a sale increases by 40%.
- Retention. Always focus on giving your customers the best experience possible so they’ll want to purchase from you again. It’s worth taking a few extra minutes to package things nicely and write a personalized thank you card.
- Goals. Set a sales goal and break it down by month, week, and day. This gives you a clear idea of how your business is growing and keeps you on track.
- Connect. Put yourself out there and connect with the community. You’ll learn tons of tips and different strategies that you can incorporate into your business. It also helps you feel like you are working with other people towards a common goal.
Want more? Head to our YouTube channel for more video content.