Nashville, Tennessee may be known as Music City but there’s so much more to it. Go for the music, stay for the atmosphere.
FAVORITE LOCAL BOUTIQUES
What’s going to a new city without exploring the shopping it has to offer?
- Ever Alice (2209 Bandywood Drive Suite G)
“They are ALWAYS on trend, they are in a great location, they’re a small business and I love supporting our local small businesses. Not to mention, everyone who works there is so sweet,” says @Koris_kloset1.
- Draper James (2608 12th Avenue, South Nashville)
Everything Reese Witherspoon touches turns to gold and has that southern charm. Leave it to Reese to bring you contemporary yet timeless southern pieces to fit into your lifestyle.
- Habit (2209 Bandywood Dr. Ste H)
This small but mighty clothing boutique might be just the place to find those pieces you didn’t know you needed… until now!
Honorable mentions: Ramona & Co, Grace Works
FAVORITE COFFEE SHOPS
Grab a cup of Joe on the go.
- Milk & Honey (214 11th Ave S)
Protip: Get here early, but trust us, it’s worth it! A little birdy told us the homemade pop tarts are the best.
- Fido (1812 21st Ave S)
Popular with the locals, Fido provides you with all the organic and local foods your heart desires. Don’t skip the dessert selection either!
- Crema (15 Hermitage Ave)
“This local coffee shop is right near downtown and has a great espresso selection with a small bites menu. I love coming here for quick meetings because it’s close to everything!” says @closettheory.
Honorable Mentions: Cafe Roze, Frothy Monkey, Bongo Java, Red Bicycle
MEETING UP WITH PFFs
Dust your boots off and grab a few drinks with your PFFs.
- Pinewood Social (33 Peabody St)
Grab a drink, dine in with your PFFs, and end the night with a friendly game of bowling at the Pinewood Social!
- L.A. Jackson (401 11th Ave S)
“When I meet up with real-life bestie and PFF @bettyjax we will visit L.A. Jackson for the amazing vibe!” says @nashvilledeals.
- Old Glory (1200 Villa Pl Ste 103)
If you’re into hidden speakeasy-like bars, Old Glory is the spot for you! Previously an old boiler room transformed into a swanky little bar, this is a must-see for some great drinks.
Honorable Mentions: Rare Bird, Bar Louie, Granite City, J Alexanders, Pinewood Social, Patterson House, Urban Cowboy, Tootsie’s Orchid Lounge
MUST TRY RESTAURANTS
Music? Check. Food? Check!
- Bourbon Steak Nashville (201 8th Ave S)
Feeling fancy and want to treat yourself? Head here. Not only will you get an incredible view of Nashville, you’ll get your money’s worth with their delicious menu!
- Rolf and Daughters (700 Taylor St)
“Rolf and Daughters is my favorite restaurant in Nashville: incredible pasta with an intimate vibe —it’s gathered many accolades since it opened. Best to go with a group of PFFs so you can share and try a number of things!” says @libbyh86.
- Butcher & Bee (902 Main St)
This tapas-style restaurant is perfect for a night out with your friends & family. Safe bet on ordering the entire menu here.
Honorable Mentions: J. Gumbo’s, Amerigo Italian Restaurant, Sunda, Taco Mamacita, Kayne Prime, Virago, Adele’s, Nomzilla, Rose Pepper, Nama, Tansau, Stoney River, Tim Roof, Whiskey Kitchen, Jeff Ruby’s, Kitchen Notes, Butcher & Bee, Husk, Loveless Cafe, Pancake Pantry, Restoration Hardware’s Cafe
SPREADING THE SOUTHERN LOVE
- “Nashville is always known for its country music. But, it also has areas with great hiking as well as parks with many activities throughout the year.” – @bbumsun
- “Most people know that Nashville is music city, or better yet, country music city. We may also be known for our killer hockey team the Predators and our not so awesome, Titans NFL team. Regardless, Nashville is so much fun and there is always something to do. Nashville has been my home since birth and I really can’t imagine living anywhere else. Everyone is friendly, you can’t ever say you’re bored here, and not to mention, we have some great history here. Nashville will always have my heart.” – @koris_kloset1
- “Nashville is more than just country music! It’s full of trendy shops, delicious restaurants, and plenty of Instagram-worthy photo ops.” – @alison102390
- “Nashville is home to live music and sunshine! We take care of each other and always greet strangers with a smile. Nashville is vibrant, energized, and full of life.” – @nashvilledeals
- “Live music every night and plenty of things to do both day and night.” – @britthutch5
- “Nashville is Music City! If you love live music, warm weather, and friendly people then this is the city for you! Nashville is home to some of the best local restaurants and country music talent, all brought together with classic hometown hospitality. Not to mention, the great shopping!” – @closettheory
- “Nashville is, of course, Music City. The music industry here is vibrant and you can find live music in nearly every part of town, which is such a treat. At its core, Nashville is a welcoming and fairly laid back Southern city (complete with fried food and “bless your heart”), but it’s growing significantly and attracting people from all over the country who are bringing more, and different kinds of culture. I’m excited to see how it continues to evolve!” – @libbyh86
- Energy to walk and take in the sights and seasons.
- A camera! You never know who you might see downtown.
- Comfortable shoes for city and Greenway walks.
- A good purse to keep all of your essentials on hand.
- Great appetite for all of the delicious local places to ntry.
- A hair-tie. It gets humid, y’all!
- Bring your cowboy boots and your singing voice! Broadway is full of honky-tonk bars where you can show off both!