Missed the Trend Report Live? No worries, we’re dishing the details of our spring edition right here and you can even rewatch the live version with our resident Team Posh hosts, @theamandaweiss and @katef below!
What’s Hot Right Now
- Accessories: clips, wraps, headbands
- Python / Snakeskin print: think shoes, purses, and clothing
- Monochrome: outfits decked out in all one color or a spectrum like pink and red
- Update: fanny packs are still around
- Incoming: brights and patterns are having a moment. Is it safe to say we’re moving on from a love affair with neutrals?
What’s Trending on Posh
Top Brands & Categories
- Bags: crossbody bags & totes. These are high ticket items! People are willing to spend more on bags and crossbody bags & totes are versatile enough to go with every outfit.
- Shoes: Heels, Sneakers, Sandals. Birkenstock, Tory Burch, and Jack Rogers are top-selling sandal brands right now.
- Tops: Solid crowd favorites? Free People, Anthro, and J.Crew.
- Fanny Packs: These brands are selling fanny packs like it ain’t no thing… PINK Victoria’s Secret, Michael Kors, Gucci, and Zara.
- Python / Snakeskin: brands selling this top trend are Michael Kors, Tory Burch, Coach, Zara, and Qupid.
- If it doesn’t make you happy, or bring you joy — or you haven’t worn it in the last 6 months, it’s TIME. TO. GO.
- If you still have winter items in your Poshmark closet, participate in Closet Clear Out, Make a Deal Days, and Offer to Likers to move the inventory fast!
- Start thinking about the warmer weather and what other people are currently looking for: Get ahead by listing bathing suits, crop tops, denim cutoffs, etc.
- Look out for new Markets: most recently we launched Activewear with more coming soon. This is a great opportunity to get more exposure on those specific items.
Kate’s Merchandising Tip of the Month
Utilize My Drafts to build up a library of listings. Strategy here is to frequently create new listings (this appear in places like Posh Now), and with My Drafts you’ll be able to roll them out on a cadence.
One thought on “Trend Report Live 2019: All Things Spring”