Thinking about making Poshmark your full-time hustle? Poshmark’s leaders and Seller Stylists joined forces at PoshFest to share their secrets to success.
- Balance your books Take the time to calculate how much profit you need to make per day in order to go full-time. Once you start hitting that number it becomes a no-brainer.
- Organize your inventory. The more sales you make, the more important it becomes to find inventory quickly. Create a system—shoe racks, bins, clothing racks, etc.—whatever works for you.
- Buy things that sell quickly. If you’re limited in terms how much inventory you can hold, focus on buying things that you know will move quickly.
- Competitive prices. Everyone wants a good deal, so make sure that your prices are in line with what you’re seeing for similar items on Poshmark.
- Batching is key. Listing is critical to your success on Poshmark, so taking all your pictures and measurements in one sitting will save you time in the long run.
- Designate time for shipping. As your business grows, sometimes it can be difficult to keep up with shipping. Designating the afternoons or even an entire day to just shipping is key.
- Pick a software to keep track of finances. If you’re thinking about going full-time in the near future, the sooner you get started entering information into a financial software the better.
- Sharing is caring. The more you share, the more sales you’re likely to make. Our VP of Data Science & Analytics, Barkha Saxena, mentioned that sharing 10 or more times per day can increase your chances of making a sale by 50%.
- Double down on what you do best. LyAnn Chhay, our SVP of Community, recommends focusing on your strengths instead of your weaknesses. It’s so easy to get caught up in comparing ourselves to others, but when we stop criticizing ourselves that’s when we can truly excel.
Want more? Check out our Facebook page for more exclusive content.