Not only is Lucy of Daily Disguise a local fashion blogger and an all-around cutie, she is a power Poshmark user and our host for tonight’s Posh Party! Without a doubt, we wanted to get up close and personal with her views on fashion, Zooey Deschanel, and of course, Poshmark!
1. Where did you get the idea to start your blog? What does your blog title mean?
I started my blog because I had just finished Law School, and with plenty of time on my hands and an overflowing closet, I determined to find better, more efficient ways to wear clothes that I already owned (and hopefully shop a little less). Eventually my blog transitioned from daily outfits into guides to help people wear items more than once, in creatively stylish ways, and thus my ‘5 Ways To Wear’ series were born. My blog title, Daily Disguise, just represents the day to day outfits that we meticulously plan every morning, our daily disguises.
2. How did you find out about Poshmark and when did you know you were addicted?
I found out about Poshmark through my good blogger friend, Sarah from The Weekend Diary, and realized I was addicted when each of my listings started getting shared and eventually sold quickly; I felt as if I was running my own little shop with customers and clients to satisfy.
3. If you could raid any ones closet who would it be and why?
Hands down, Zooey Deschanel; her style is so effortless, yet girly and edgy at the same time.
4. Your blog photos (and Covershots!) are absolutely stunning- who takes your photos for you and what tips would you have for other Poshmarkers?
My amazing boyfriend, Andrew. I first started off trying to take my own photos, but looking back on it now my current photos are a world of difference from my self-shot ones. If you don’t have someone to take your photos for you, my best suggestion is networking with some fellow Poshmarkers and bloggers and take each other’s photos; you’ll be able to capture angles and compose your picture in ways you wouldn’t be able to do yourself.
5. Why do you love Poshmark?
It’s an amazing way to effectively recycle and refresh my closet. Shopping other people’s closets is slightly addicting, too.
6. If the President of the United States was a designer, who would you elect as the leader of the most fashionable country?
Alexander Wang 2016.
7. What is your favorite summer trend?
Lucite! Clear heels, shoes, bags, you name it. Plus it sounds like my name!
If you want to shop Lucy’s classic closet, check her out on Poshmark!