Want to take your closet selling game to the next level? Consider how you might increase your sales with an all-star pricing strategy. While everyone approaches pricing differently, these tips are sure to help you take advantage of features like Make An Offer and Price Drop Notifications to fill your wallet by emptying your closet.
Condition and Popularity
Sorting through your closet may be daunting. You may find pieces that are completely worn or in brand new condition, let alone a items that are either from high-end brands or even no-name brands. With all these factors at hand, how do you go about choosing the right price?
- Examine thoroughly your piece of clothing or accessory for any signs of wear. Be it holes or pilling, if there are signs of wear, we recommend adding a generous discount to your listing price.
- Is it a popular brand? Well-known brands like Nike, Louis Vuitton and Lilly Pulitzer may sell quickly and for a higher price, especially if the items are in-demand and rare.
Negotiations and Original Price
Shopping on Poshmark is all about finding stellar items for an amazing deal. When attracting potential customers, not only do you want to keep in mind the discount off the original retail value, but also if you want to keep room for negotiation.
- When listing, be sure to consider adding wiggle room for negotiation. Some buyers may want to buy right away, but this strategy could work in your favor as a seller to fully take advantage of the Make An Offer and Price Drop Notification features. If you don’t want to consider offers or negotiations, make sure to say in your description that the price is firm.
- When possible, include the original price of your items so buyers that they scored a great deal. If the retail price of your item is unknown, not to worry! Do a quick search in Poshmark to see what other sellers are listing similar items for to help you narrow down the original price. You can also look up the original retailer or brand to see how similar items are being priced.
Have your own tips? Share in the comments!
Want to increase your Poshmark sales or take your Instagram game to the next level? It’s all about getting the right shot. From styling a flat lay to using editing apps to make your items shine, we’re here help you make your pictures perfect.
Flat Lay Styling Tips
We’ve all seen it before: the perfectly folded clothes, the sparkly accessories, and simply styled collections have taken Instagram by storm. The flat lay is a fun and clean way to highlight the beauty of an item. Below are tips on how to master this creative layout.
- Choose a simple and clean background. You want your clothing and accessories to be the focal point, not compete with the background.
- Pick a theme and stick to it. The reason why the flat lay is so pleasing to the eye is because of its simplicity. Throwing random accessories into the photo will only make the picture look cluttered. Instead, try highlighting the item by choosing one or two accessories with a complementary shape, size or aesthetic.
- Play with the composition. Arrange and rearrange the items and the space between the items until you find a composition that really sells it.
Favorite Photo Editing Apps
While it’s important to start out with a well styled, quality photo, a little editing can really take it to the next level. Keep in mind, however, that a heavy editing hand can often diminish the overall quality of the photo.
- VSCO Cam: This free app offers several free presets is a favorite of many fashion bloggers. What are presets? Just think of Instagram filters, but of a more expert level.
- TouchRetouch: For $1.99, this app allows you to delete objects in your picture with ease. White mark on your white paper backdrop? Boom. Gone. This app is perfect for those who tend to over-accessorize (remember, simplicity is key to a good photograph!).
- Pic Jointer: Let’s be honest, sometimes its hard to choose just one photo to feature. With Pic Jointer comes with tons of photo collage layouts to help show multiple angles of a flaw, tags or other important details. On Instagram or Poshmark, however, we recommend using collages sparingly as they can be hard to view on mobile. Besides, you can always create a second listing to highlight details of an item you’re selling.
Have your own tips? Share in the comments!
Photo via talshooster
‘Tis the season for some closet cleaning! Might as well make some cash while you’re at it, right? It’s time for a Poshmark listing spree and we’ve got tips to help you get started.
First, be sure to carve out some time this weekend to clean, sort and list. If it’s a big closet purge, you may even need a couple hours. Before diving in, set the mood with lots of light and a killer playlist to blast. Now you are more than prepared for a little adventure through the depths of your closet.
With that settled, here are some tips on what to list.
New clothes you never got around to wearing
It happens to the best of us. You had the best intentions to wear it, but never did. This is a big sign that you most likely won’t be wearing it at all. List it!
Clothes you only wore once
Feel like you can get a few more wears out of it, but we haven’t worn it for over a year? Chances are you won’t. Make room for something you love. List it!
Trending styles that you’re not wearing
Check out Lily Pulitzer. The brand is hot this spring! If it’s not a trend you’re into, we bet someone else is. Is it hanging in the closet untouched? List it!
Pieces that reflect your past style
Not only is Poshmark a place to earn some money, it’s a chance to show off our past and current style. It is okay to let go of some pieces that you’ve only wore a few times in order to grow and change up your personal style. Won’t be rocking it again? List it!
Now you’ve spent some time dancing around your room and you’re on your way to making cash Want to learn more about what to list? Don’t miss this helpful guide.
You’ve just made a sale on Poshmark–congrats! Now what’s next? You’ve got get that baby ready to be packaged up and sent off. Here is a helpful checklist to run through as you’re shipping off your sale to ensure a successful experience for you and a delightful experience for your buyer.
- Clean? Make sure your item is laundered or dry cleaned and free of any odor of fragrance.
- Lint Free? Remove any lint or hairs that may have landed on your garment. Pro tip: Don’t have a lint brush? Try rolling a loop of packing tape over the fabric to de-lint your item.
- As Described? Take a moment to look over your garment to make sure it’s the right size and that you didn’t miss any stains, holes, or loose threads when listing your item.
- Nicely Wrapped? Once your item is ready to send, take the time to nicely package up your item. It’s amazing what a little tissue paper and a note card can do for your ratings
- Boxed Correctly? Make sure you’re using the right box for your sale. Hint: regular Priority Mail boxes!
- The Right Label? Double check that you’ve printed off the correct label for your sale to avoid shipping mishaps. Ensure your label has the right weight, date, and, if you’re shipping multiple sales, name. If you need to get a new label, request one in the app!
Once you’ve checked off each step, you’re ready to schedule a pickup or drop your package off with USPS and wait for the cash to come rolling in!
Here at Poshmark we talk a lot about PFFs, a.k.a. Poshmark Friends Forever, and spreading the Posh Love. As our community grows, it’s the perfect opportunity for longtime Poshers to help newbies learn the ropes. But what is being a positive mentor really all about?
How to Be a Poshmark Mentor
To start, we have some of the most inspiring, kind, and knowledgeable women on our platform. We truly love our community! Seriously, we’re head over heels obsessed. Every day we see strong, powerful women reaching out to each other to support and be supported. Being a good mentor is taking this Posh Love to the next level and leading by example.
So continue the positive energy and be a stellar leader. When you see conflict, work to be a mediator, not an instigator. Even if your intent is to assist, it can sometimes exacerbate the situation by defending another user. Instead, work to diffuse the issue, and encourage people to reach out to Poshmark’s support team to seek help. We have fully trained staff to step in and assist in any type of situation.
Respecting your fellow Poshers is incredibly important. Never forget the golden rule of treating others the way you would like to be treated! So be sure to show care and compassion in your interactions. Everyone’s situation is different, and that’s part of what makes Poshing so wonderful. We are privileged to have women from all across America on our platform, and it’s important to learn from and connect with each other. Respectful and friendly encounters are the foundation of our community and can open the door to lasting friendships.
Do you have tips on being a mentor? Looking for a mentor to help take your Poshing to the next level? Share in the comments!
And as always, if you ever have questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to email@example.com.